Love Part I

Langston

We walked together in awkward silence to God knows where.

I could see the wheels in her head turning as she thought of something to say. I was open to ask her something when she questioned something that caught me off guard.

“So how’s Racheal and the baby..?” She asked quietly

I thought about how I should answer this.

“I actually haven’t spoken to her since”

“Aren’t you going to??” Interest in her voice rose

“I guess so”

Silence.

“You sure the baby is yours right, Langston?”

“Well she says it is.”

I was getting tired of this topic and her body was distracting me to the point that I wanted to touch.

“How’s you and Daniel?”

I saw a spark in her eyes as I mentioned his name.

“We good, you know...surviving from the media”

I saw a slight smile on her lips as she spoke of him. We arrived outside a classroom and she stopped and glanced at me.

“Well, I’m here…I’ll see you around I guess”

“Yeah I guess…”

She turnt to open the classroom door when I grabbed her wrist.

I can’t let her go just like that.

“What do you say we bounce?”

She hesitated and looked down at the wrist I was holding; she bit her lip furrowing her eyebrows and looked around to the classroom she was supposed to be in.

She looked up at my face as that smile slowly returned.

“Langston, you always find a way to get me in trouble, huh?” She smiled up at me

I winked at her as she took her hand in mine. We made a sprint for it down the empty halls but Armani’s hefty ass heels kept clicking with every step she made making a loud echoing sound bouncing off the lockers

“Take them off!” I laughed

“Are you silly or are you stupid?! These are Versace!”

I gave her that look and hopping around on one foot as we continued to run, she took tried to take them off.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING??” We heard a bellowing voice at the other end of the hall which sounded like a teacher.

“Hurry up!”

“The other shoe ain’t coming off!”

Unless we moved now, we was going to get caught so I lifted Armani up and flipped her over my shoulder.

“Langston!!”I could hear the smile in her voice

I held onto her legs as I ran through the halls and outside onto the top of the field which overlooked the school and the rest of the fields.

I sat her down onto the grass and flopped down beside her as we laid down together. I looked over to see her in stiches.

“That was…probably…the funniest thing…I’ve done in about a month!” She laughed in between tears rolling around on the grass clutching her stomach.

The sound of her laughter, bright and cheerful like dandelions in summer days, blossomed upon the quiet field. She tried to suppress her laughter but it only became louder. Her smile was so infectious that I ended up laughing with her.

We looked like a bunch of 6th Graders just laughing with no cares in the world. No baby, no boyfriend. Just...us.

As our laughter faded up we ended up facing each other with the sun just blazing over us. We gazed into each other’s faces trying to read the other ones expression. She flinched under my touch as I let my hands run against her cheek. Her brown eyes met mine beneath the sunlight.

“Langston?”

I missed the way she said my name.

“Uh huh?”

“What are you doing?”

Her gaze travelled to my lips as I moved closer to her wanting to be able to kiss her just one last time. She stayed still and accepted the movement but moved away as soon as I got close enough to touch her lips.

Damn, way to swerve a nigga.

She sat up sighing, she ran her hand through her hair flipping it to the side.

I sat up besides her overlooking the school fields.

“Just kiss me, one last time, Armani” I whispered in her ear.

I saw her hesitating and fighting with herself in her mind as I got closer and closer to her. I let my hand rest on her neck.

“All I want is the taste that your lips allow” I whispered on her neck

I saw her close her eyes and I moved closer to her mouth. Her lips parted as I finally reached them, kissing her with such lust and desire.

Armani

The hands of time stopped as our lips moved together as one. His lips were so soft and urgent on mine, trying to express all that he felt for me. A kiss so passionate and yet so innocent.  I was determined to grasp this memory. This one I would never forget