109

Liliah drove to Washington D.C. in a black dress and heels. She was going to her Dad's memorial being held by not only the Military but Sam. Liliah walked into the memorial and saw Sam was already making his speech. She snuck in quietly and stood next to Rhodey.

He looked over and gave her a sad smile. She gave him one back and grabbed his hand. Rhodey squeezed her hand and turned back to Sam.
" And he mastered posting stoically. The world has been forever changed. About a month ago people billions reappeared after five years away. Sending the world in turmoil. We need new hero's. One suited for the times were in." Rhodey looked at Liliah for the last part.

" Symbols are nothing without the woman and men that give them meaning. And this thing, I don't know if there's ever been a greater symbol. But it's more about the man who propped it up. And he's gone. So today we honor Steve's legacy. But also we look to the future. So thank you Captain America, but this belongs to you." Sam said.
Liliah mouth dropped as she watched her dads shield be put in a glass case. This is not what Steve would have wanted.

Everyone clapped and began to trickle out of the building. Liliah let go of Rhodey's hand and walked away as Sam started walking towards them. Sam looked at Liliah then Rhodey.
" You pissed her off bad." Rhodey told him.

Liliah walked into the museum part and walked to her section. Pictures of her and her dad filled the screen, telling the story of them.
" Liliah." Sam said.
" Why? Why would you give up the shield?" Liliah asked.
" It's not mine Li. It's Steve's." Sam told her.
" He gave it to you Sam. If he wanted it in a glass box he would gifted it to the museum himself. But he gave it to you, he wants you to use it. He wanted you to carry on his legacy." Liliah explained.

Sam placed his hand on her shoulder.
" But your already doing an amazing job." Sam smiled.
Liliah couldn't help but smile.
" Don't try and charm me Samual. I'm trying to be upset with you." Liliah shook her head and smiled.
Sam pulled her into a hug. Liliah hugged back.
" I just miss him so much." Liliah told him.
" I know I do too. But this was the best decision. I promise." Sam said.

Liliah looked at him and nodded.
" Okay, but if this blows up in your face. I get to say I told you so and I get to help you clean it up." Liliah pulled away and stuck out her hand.
Sam chuckled and shook her hand.
" Deal." He agreed.

                                     ¥¥¥

Fred sat completely dazed on the couch. He hadn't spoken to Carolina since the night Liliah came back. Now he just saw that Steve had died on the news. And all he wanted to do was find his sunflower and comfort her. He knew she would be a complete mess and he desperately wanted to be the one to clean it up.

If only he had a clue where she was. Cedric finally told everyone about Fred's new girlfriend. And now all her friends and family refused to tell him where she was, some *cough* James  *cough* Sirius *cough* Harry * cough* Cedric, even refused to talk to him.

The door opened to the flat but Fred didn't even look up to see who it was.
" Hey Freddie." George said.
Fred looked up at him.
" George. What are you doing here?" Fred asked standing up.
" Me and Angie got back from Hawaii today. So I thought I'd come see my twin brother, my best friend." George told him giving him a hug.

Fred hugged back but soon pushed him back.
" Who told you?" Fred asked.
George gave him a fake laugh but then he sighed.
" Harry told Ron what had happened. Ron called Ginny and told her worried about you. Ginny called Charlie, then he called Bill. Who called me to come cheek on you." George gave in.
Fred groaned and fell back on the couch.
" Great the whole family knows that my life is falling apart." Fred said.

" Well not Percy. But he's a little busy pegging for Hermione's job at the Ministry isn't he?" George chuckled and sat next to him.
" They all probably think I'm an ass." Fred shook his head.
" No, we just want to know what's really going on. Talk to me." George said.
" She's back. Liliah's back. But I've been seeing this other girl for a few weeks. And I care about her, I don't want to hurt her. But at the same time I'm getting a second chance with Liliah." Fred told him.

" You don't want to hurt this new girl because you want to run back to Liliah with open arms?" George asked.
" Exactly." Fred answered without thinking twice.
" Then what's the issue? Break it off with the new girl and go get the love of your life back." George slapped him over the head.
" But this is the third time I've lost Liliah. What if we're not meant to be?" Fred asked.
" Not meant to be? You've lost her three times and yet every time you two come back together. Bloody hell Fred, death couldn't even stop you two from coming back to one another." George told him.

Fred let the words sink in.
" Your right. I need to find her and tell her I love her." Fred stood up.
" You need to break up with that one girl first." George said.
" Right. That's going to be terrible. But it's for Liliah." Fred nodded.
George smiled and nodded at him. As soon as turned around George widen his eyes and rubbed his temple.

                                     ¥¥¥

Liliah was moving in her stuff her parents sent her into her new-old apartment. She had the TV on and watched occasionally. But something caught her attention.

" We need a real person who embodies America's values. We need someone to inspire us again. Someone who can be a symbol for all of us. So on behalf of the departments defense, and our commander in chief it's our great honor we announce her today that the United States of America has a new hero. Join me and welcome our new captain America." They announced.
Liliah watched with her jaw dropped as a man dressed as her father walked out carrying her dads shield.

Liliah grabbed her phone off the coffee table.
" What did I say Samual." Liliah said to her self as she started dialing his number.