149

The trio watched the video on Kate's phone.
" Who sent this?" Clint asked.
" Yelena." Kate said.
" The sister, of course." Liliah sighed.
" Apparently my mom is the one who hired her to kill Clint." Kate told them.
" Oh wow." Clint said.
" Talk about a bad first impression." Liliah slumped back in her chair.

" It doesn't make any sense. My mom doesn't even-she doesn't even jaywalk." Kate stressed.
" And now she's working with the mob?" Clint asked.
" She killed Armand?" Kate whispered.
" Gotta say, that was an unexpected turn." Liliah nodded.

" My god, I gotta call her." Kate stood up.
" Kate wait, you gotta calm down okay? Let's talk this out. Your mom needs our help okay. That video Kate, is not good. Kingpin will not take this lightly. He is going to react, in a big way." Clint explained.
" Clint this is my mess to clean up. You and Liliah should go home and be with your families. You can still make it on time for Christmas." Kate told them.

" Kate, we three are a team. Your mess is our mess. And me and Li aren't going anywhere until this is finished." Clint told her.
" Yeah. We're a package deal now. Who ever messes with you messes with us. Quite literally in this situation." Liliah chuckled at the end.
Kate looked between them and nodded.

                                       ¥¥¥

Liliah sat next to Clint on the train and Kate as next to him.
" Kate, I'm really sorry how this has all turned out for you." Clint told her.
" Honestly, I can't think about it right now. We've gotta focus on tonight." Kate said.
" Well you're right about that." Liliah nodded.
" We need a ton of gear. Like a whole batch of way-too-dangerous trick arrows." Clint told them.

" You can make more?" Kate asked.
Clint smirked and looked at Liliah.
" She's so sweet, I'm glad we decided to keep her." Liliah smiled.

                                      ¥¥¥

They arrived at Kate's apartment and started making more trick arrows.
" Hey Kate, have you seen that pepper spray?" Clint called to her as Liliah built an arrow head.
" Yeah, I've got it here." Kate handed him the pepper spray.
They continued to work on the arrows.

" Which is this one?" Kate asked.
" Way too dangerous." Clint told her.
Kate nodded and labeled the arrow. Liliah looked at her, smiled and shook her head before she continued working.

" So, this, uh, this holiday party tonight. Is it a fancy thing?" Clint asked.
" Yeah formal." Kate nodded.
" An excuse to buy a fancy dress, love it." Liliah smirked.

" Kate, you know, you don't have to do this. It is part of the job and it's always inconvenient. It's lonely and you will get hurt." Clint started.
" Hero's have to make some tough decisions. So if you're gonna do this...we need to know you're ready." Liliah finished.

" When I was a little kid, aliens attacked New York. And I was alone, and I was terrified. But then I saw you, Clint. Fighting aliens with a stick and a string. I saw you jump from that building even though you can't fly, even though you don't have superpowers, and I thought if he could do that then I don't have to be scared. And the next summer I saw Liliah fighting killer bots on a floating rock, with a dagger. You two showed me that being a hero isn't just for people who can fly, shoot lasers out of their hands or have been trained for years, it's for anyone. Anyone who's brave enough to do what's right, no matter the cost. I'm ready." Kate told them.

¥¥¥

The trio walked into the Christmas Party in fancy black formal wear

(Outfit attached above)
" I don't see my mom yet." Kate looked around.
" Why don't you tell me what you do see? What are our assets, what are our threats?" Clint asked.
" Mmm. Threats? That guy. That's Gary. He fired me from one of the only jobs I ever had. Assets? Well, we have those all over the party." Kate said.

" Wow. Jacks out of jail already. Nothing phases that guy." Liliah observed.
" So Jack wielding a sword, just out of jail for allegedly murdering somebody with one." Clint said.
" Maybe it's his way of proving that he really is innocent?" Kate guessed.
" It's a weird flex, but sure." Clint said.
" It's 'weird flex but okay', Clint." Liliah corrected
Clint just shrugged.

" Take this. Stay on comms okay? Me and Li are going to take a lap. Without champagne." Clint grabbed the still full glass from Liliah's hand and put it on the bar.
" This is some bullshit." Liliah sighed before walking away.
Clint walked after her.

" Do you see her?" Clint asked.
" No not yet." Kate told them.
" This would have been fun if I had a buzz going on." Liliah added.

" Hold on-I found her." Kate said ignoring Liliah.
" Come on Li, can't look suspicious." Clint moved her along towards the windows.
They looked out for a minute.
" Captain Rogers. It's all clear." Wendy came up to them.
" Really it's just-" Liliah started.
" Get down!" Clint grabbed the drink tray and blocked a bullet heading at them.
Everyone ducked down.
" Are you two okay?" Clint asked.
" Yes." Wendy nodded.
" Oh sweet adrenaline. This is better than a buzz. Okay Wendy get these people out of here, and someone bring me, my bag!" Liliah ordered.
" Yes Captain." Wendy got up and started running.

They started running, every window they passed by getting shot out. Finally they got away from the windows.
" Oh god. Clint, Li, who's shooting?" Kate asked.
" No clue." Liliah answered as they ran to the front desk.
" Clint! Captain Rogers! Here's your equipment." Orville handed them two bags.
" Thanks, find Eleanor." Liliah told him.
" On it." He nodded.

" Me and Li are headed downstairs, draw the fire away." Clint said as they rushed downstairs.
" Copy that. We're going into position two, guys. Wendy and Missy, kill the lights." Grills told them.

Liliah and Clint got on the elevator and rode it down to the twelfth floor. They walked down the hall a little and started setting up.
" Are you seriously changing your shoes right now?" Clint asked.
" Yes, I don't know if you've ever fought in heels but it's not fun." Liliah said from behind a stack of boxes.
" Okay I'm gonna blow it." Clint told her.
" That's why I'm behind here. I'll be ready to spilt once you blow it up." Liliah said.

Clint nodded and went to press the button.
Liliah finished lacing up her combat boots just as she heard Clint grunt. Liliah peaked over the boxes and saw Kazi fighting Clint. Liliah grabbed her gun from the one of her holsters and waited a second. Kazi was now standing to her with his back turned.

" Oh this is going to be fun." Kazi smiled.
Liliah then stood up and quickly hit him over the head with her gun. He fell limp on the floor.
" Yeah, that was fun. To watch." Clint nodded.
They heard yelling and saw the Tracksuits running after them.
" Alright let's blow this popsicle stand." Liliah said.

Clint pushed the the button and blew up we're the tracksuits we're. However more arrived from the elevator.
" Some Christmas." Clint sighed.
They started running towards a window. Liliah whispered a spell and broke through the glass window. Clint's wire broke and he fell into the tree, while Liliah free fell down. Thanks to spell when she fell slower then she would have actually fell and her landing was softer.

" Ah there's an owl staring at me." Clint said.
" Oh that's just Bowie. Don't mind him." Liliah told him.
" Uhh what?" Clint asked.
" No time to explain, I'm off to find Kate. Get out of the tree." Liliah said before running off.

Authors Note: Last part of Hawkeye tomorrow. I wanted to give you all a little update on how I'm planning on doing the next chapters. So first in NWH it starts right before school begins and obviously ends at Christmas. And of course I had no idea that's how the timeline was going to work out so I'm going have to modify it. So I'm planning on having Peters identity revealed right before they go back to school from Christmas break not summer break. I'll have a few filler chapters in between though, cause ya know I always like to give Liliah a little break in between each adventure. Yeah then I'll write NWH and I'm so excited for you all to read what I have planned. Okay long A/N I know, thanks for reading. I love you all! <33