140

A very pregnant Liliah Rogers sat in a wheelie chair inside her husbands new office. Yep eight months had passed quite swiftly and peacefully. No aliens or super soldiers, no saving the world from a huge threat. Just hanging out at home and eating ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.

" Aaannndddd done. What do you think sunflower?" Fred asked as he stepped back to look at the clock he hung on the wall.
" Fits perfectly." Liliah smiled.
" Well then, that's it. I reckon we can open by January. After this little girl is born of course." Fred looked at his wife.
" Only about a week left." Liliah placed her hand on her huge stomach.
" You know December will be a busy month. We'll have her birthday, your birthday and Christmas all back to back." Fred walked to her.

" Yeah well what can I say. We Rogers love the winter." Liliah chuckled.
Fred smiled and bent down and kissed her.
" Ready to head home? It's late." Fred asked.
" It's barely eight. But than again I am exhausted." Liliah said.
" Then let's go." Fred put his hands out for her.
She grabbed them and he helped her out of the chair. Once she stood up she felt a small pain in her stomach.
" Ooo." Liliah furrowed her eyebrows and placed one of her hands back on her stomach.

" What's wrong? Are you okay?" Fred asked concerned.
" Yeah, yeah. It just hurt for a second. I'm fine let's go." Liliah told him.
" Okay. If your sure." Fred nodded but kept a watchful eye on her.
He helped her to and in the car. Then he got in the drivers side.

They started their drive back to Brooklyn. Liliah kept silent but felt pains in her stomach the whole time. They would come and go at random times. Or maybe not random they were like two minutes apart. She pulled out her phone and typed in her symptoms, cause how else would she get answers?

Her eyes widen at what she was reading. She looked at Fred, who was focusing on the road. They had just entered the Brooklyn city limits.
" Um love." Liliah started.
" Yes darling?" Fred asked.
" Can we make a quick stop?" She asked.
" Sure my love. Where do you want to stop?" Fred asked assuming she was having a craving and just wanted to stop at the corner store.
" Umm oh you know, just the hospital." Liliah shrugged.
" The hospital!" Fred's eyes almost popped of his head.

He turned his head to look at her. She gave him a shy smile and shrugged.
" Liliah Peggy Rogers." Fred said as he made a turn to change their destination.
" I probably should have something earlier but.. I didn't so whoops." Liliah said.
" Do you think your going into labor?!" Fred asked.
" Possibly." Liliah said.
" Possibly?!" Fred asked.
" Yeah, I don't know what it feels like to be going into labor." Liliah defended.

" Okay fair point. But are you okay right now?" Fred asked as he drove a little faster.
" Yeah, yeah I'm good. But I have a feeling I won't be for long." Liliah told him.
Fred shook his head as he focused on getting her to the hospital.

After a quick-probably too quick-drive, they arrived at the hospital. Fred parked the car in the nearest spot then basically jumped out of the car and rushed to the passenger side. He carefully helped Liliah out of the car and into the hospital.

They walked to the front desk.
" Hello, how may I help you?" A middle aged woman asked from behind the desk.
" Hi, I'm Liliah. This is my husband Fred and I think I'm going into labor." Liliah told her calmly.
" Oh okay has your water broke yet?" The woman asked.
Liliah opened her mouth to reply when she suddenly felt water on the inside of her legs.
" Yes, yes it has." Liliah nodded.

" Okay well let's get you to the back and-" The woman started.
" Oh my god! It's Liliah Rogers!" A voice squealed.
They looked over and saw a young woman in blue scrubs staring at them.
" Hi, are you a nurse?" Liliah asked.
" Yes, I am." She nodded.
" If your not busy would you take back there. My water just broke." Liliah chuckled at the last part.
" Oh my god, yes of course follow me." She said leading them to a room.