Part 30

As Manik came after freshening up, the sight that greeted him made him feel amused. The ever chirpy and irritating Cabir was in deep thought process while, Mukti, the impulsive soul was sitting patiently.

M - Cabir, Mukti, kya hogaya hai tum logo ko?

Instead of replying, they turned their face in the opposite direction.

Manik looked at Nandini and raised his eyebrows silently asking about the matter who just shrugged in answer.

M - Cabir (after a pause) Mukti

Seeing them not responding, he chose to give them some time and sat beside Nandini on the couch placed there. Nandini gave him a bright smile and wrapped her arms around his arm and kept her head on his shoulder.

Manik pecked her head and turned his attention to his brothers who were trying to figure out the reason behind the silent treatment given by his friends.

M - Abhi

Abhimanyu was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear Manik. Aryaman had to shake him to bring him out of his thoughts.

Ab - Ha, kya hua? Aise kyu kr raha hai?

Ar - Bhai kabse bula rahe hai. Kaha khoya huva hai tu?

Ab - Kuch bhi ho. Tujhe kya?

M - Abhi, huva kya hai?

Ab - Kuch nahi, Bhai. Aap batao kya bol rahe the aap?

M - I was asking that how's mom? Did you go to meet her?

Manik asked being worried for his mon which came as a surprise for his friends. His brothers knew about the matter hence, they didn't react. While Nandini knew that Manik longs for his mother but, buried it in the corner of his heart due to some reasons. 

Surprising everyone Cabir replied

C - Your MOM is fine. She's having a gala time with my mother.

Ab, Ar, M - WHAT?

C - What's wrong? Can't she go and meet my mother?

"Shit! How can this happen?"

"When did she go out?"

"This wasn't supposed to happen"

Came the responses from the brothers.

(A/N: It's up to you people now to decide who spoke the sentences. If anyone got the correct answer then, I'll give a double update. Good luck!

Also, please suggest a name for this crazy trio of brothers)

The next second, Manik got a phone call gaining everyone's attention

"It's her"

He received the call having no other option as offending her can risk the life of his mother.

"Hello"

"What do you want?"

"How much?"

"You'll get it!"

"Not so easily. You'll get it only if you tell me the whole truth"

"You think I can't save my mother? Don't you?"

"Just wait and watch now. The tables have turned and now you'll get to see The Manik Malhotra's game"

"Good luck! Trust me, you'll need it. As Manik Malhotra never loses."