Part 37

Garden Area, The Cabin

Nandini can be seen pacing around the sitting area as if waiting for something or someone. Manik could see her getting worried as she was continuously looking at the gate and her watch. She couldn't see Manik as he was sitting and gazing at her from the garden area that is attached to his room's balcony. She was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to notice Manik's gaze on her. It was probably for the first time that she failed to notice his gaze. It amused Manik. He wanted to go and ask her the reason for her lack of attention. As he got up, he could see her filter coffee placed on the table. He was surprised when he saw that her coffee was left untouched. Coffee is her drug and Nandini not paying it attention was next to impossible.

His thought process halted as he heard her voice.

N - Kaha reh gayi thi tum? Do you even know for how long I've waited for you?
      (Where were you?)

Manik could easily guess who the person was but, he chose to keep mum.

Though he was concerned as Nandini was with someone he doesn't like, he chose to trust her and see what does she has in store for him. He could see her scolding that person and he was surprised when the person didn't even try to justify themselves and asked apology. According to him, that person doesn't accept defeat that easily and here the person may not be at fault. 

Leaving all this behind, he decided to get freshened up and start digging for more information. He was moving towards the washroom when his phone started ringing. The screen flashed Cabir's name and for the first time, he did not feel irritated when Cabir interrupted his time with Nandini. 

M - Haa Cabir, bol

     (Yes Cabir, what happened?)

C - Bhai, kuch information mili hai. Mil sakte hai?

      (I've got some information. Can we meet?)

M - Kaha milna hai?
       (Where do you want us to meet?)

C - Mere flat aajana

     (Can you come to my flat?)

M - Aa raha hu

     (Coming!)

C - Aur sunn

     (Wait, listen)

M - Haa

       (Yes?)

C - Nandini ko bhi le aana. Vo Navya ko sambhal legi aur hum shanti se baat kr payenge

     (Bring Nandini along. She'll keep Navya occupied and we'll be able to discuss things peacefully)

M - Cool. We'll be there in an hour.

Manik agreed to meet Cabir as he could sense the urgency in Cabir's voice. The same urgency he had when he found Pandit's location.

Manik moved to the balcony again and found Nandini watering the plants. He called her and asked her to come closer.

M - Get ready. We are going to Cabir's place

N - Is everyone going to join us?

M - No. Only we're going as I've got a few things to discuss with him.

N - Okay then I'll get your clothes ready by the time you freshen up.

M - Alright! I'll be back.

Manik turned to go to the washroom but stopped and came back to Nandini who was looking at him lovingly. She was so busy admiring him that she failed to notice him coming near her. He bent down, smooched her, and within the blink of an eye, he was gone into the washroom.

Nandini blushed when she realised what he did.

Cabir's place

MaNan reached Cabir's place in an hour and they were surprised by the calmness that greeted them. As finding calmness in the place Cabir and Navya both are in is next to impossible. Navya welcomed them inside and judging by the look on her face, they could say the news or information is not at all going to be pleasant.

Looking at each other, Manik went to sit beside Cabir

M - Cabir, kya hua?

       (Cabir, what happened?)

C -  There's one thing that we missed

M - What?

C - Someone has started a company recently and it is already in the list of top 5

M - So?

C - The industry is going to affect your mother's company. The shares of her textile industry are constantly going down

M - So?

C - What do you mean by so?

Na - Manik, tumhari company k shares niche ja rahe hai aur tum aise kaise bol sakte ho?

       (Manik, the shares of your company are constantly going down, how can you be so cool about it?)

C - Just a moment, let me process this

Manik had a small smile when he saw Cabir trying to join the dots. He knew that his friend will now decode the mystery and his secret will be out.

C - Shit! Fuck! How did I miss this thing?

M - That's because I didn't let you know about it

C - You fucker! Do you think it's a joke? Do you even know what havoc this has created in the business world?

M - Let me give you some information, the company is existing for a year now. It was in wraps as I didn't want this to be out but, I guess it's high time people should know about it. Also, it's not just in the textile business.

C - Damn! When will I be able to track you before you do something like this?

M - That's never gonna happen, my friend.

N  - Now, would you two please enlighten me about what is happening over here?

M- It's not that big of a deal

N - How come? Shares are going down and not just in one market. How? I mean everything can't be a coincidence here. There should be some link here.

C - And who do you think is the link in this mess?

N  - I believe it's Manik

C - Why do you think so?

N - Because he's the only person that can go to any extent just to know the truth and to protect his close ones.

C - You're right. Because the emerging company is Manik's

N, Na - WHAT?

C - Yeah. Also, Pallavi Saxena is innocent. She loves Manik just like her son and not only she but, Harshad loves you more than he loves Alya.

M - Are you sure about this?

C - I swear on my food.

M - Does Alya know this?

C - She doesn't. She is not their daughter.

M, N, Na - WHAT?

C - Even I was shocked when I discovered this and I can only trust you people with this information. I didn't call Mukti because she would be highly affected by this news.

How was the update?

Please do let me know your views...

Thank you for your time.