Part 32

As you people know, I've started publishing a new supernatural story which is general fiction. Please, give it a try if you're interested in supernaturals and let me know your views.

A slight change will be there in the updating schedule.

I'll update this story on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

While for the supernatural one, the updates will be on Tuesday and Thursday.

N - Manik?

Nandini called him seeing him not responding to her.

M - Huh?

Manik asked being in a daze as he was lost in his thoughts. Nandini cupped his face lovingly and spoke,

N - I just wanted to know the reason, Manik but, if you're not comfortable sharing this then, it's okay. You don't have to force yourself to reveal things you're not ready to share. That too solely because I couldn't hold my curiosity.

Manik shook his head in disbelief knowing her thoughts. He chuckled as he realized that he has started rubbing off on her. She's still the most positive person one can ever find but when things concern him, she becomes a mini version of him.

N - Kya? Tum hass kya rahe ho? Idhar I'm all concerned about you and you're making fun of me. Manikkk, please batao na

M - Bata raha hun na baby. Yaha betho and have some water

He continued making her drink water

M - Tum mujhe janti ho na. You know that I'm most comfortable around you and I was waiting to share all its with you. But before that, I wanted to be sure about these things myself. Bs isiliye nahi bataya. Warna do you think k tumhara monster tum se chupayega? Hmm?

Others were amused after listening to the conversation of MaNan. They were happy that their friend/brother got a life partner like Nandini. At the same time, they felt that Nandini to be the luckiest person on the planet seeing the love, care, and affection Manik hold for her. The Manik Malhotra, who didn't think twice before smashing things and bursting his anger if anyone tried to question him, was patiently making his girl calm while explaining himself. 

That's the beauty of love. It changes you in a way no one can imagine. If Manik's friends thought that Nandini changed him then, they're wrong. He changed himself for his love. If he was not willing to change then, Nandini or anyone for that matter couldn't do anything. Similarly, everything that happens in your life is because you're letting it happen. 

M - Coming to your question, Nandini. Yes, she did ask a few precious things from me but, I'm not concerned about it. I was ready to give her those things, Nandini. Believe me, I was ready to hand over those to her.

N - Hand over?

Manik simply bobbed his head in answer.

N - Kya manga usne tumse, Manik? Bolo Manik

Ab - Aaj aapko batana hoga bhai

Ar - Please bhai share it na. You'll feel good

M - She wanted to become a board member of Malhotra Industries, decision making power in SPACE and (closing his eyes) and she wanted to send you and Mukti into prostitution

Nandini was blank after hearing this while the rest were furious. Seeing that Nandini is not responding, Manik felt scared and said cupping her face

M - Believe me, Nandini, I would never let this happen. I would never keep anything above you. Please believe me

N - Manik

M - Yes baby

N - I trust you

Nandini's words cooled down his turmoil. He felt relieved that his angel trusts him. He hugged her tightly

M - You're the best thing that happened to me.

N - Ek aur question puchu?

Nandini asked like a child and Manik pecked her pout knowing her next question

M - She had my parents hostage. She blackmailed Dad and Mom to do things her way. If not she would've tortured my dadi. Dadi has heart issues and she never gave them meals on time let alone giving proper meals. She has some proof which states that dad tried to molest her but, my dad has disrespected any woman till date then, why the hell will he do something like this? This question was bugging me. Hence, I decided to find the truth myself.

I was right. I was right all the time, Nandini. Dad hasn't done anything like that. In fact, he went there to protect her from one of her friends' dirty intentions. But see what we got in the end. Thode din pehle to I didn't even know that mere paas dada dadi bhi hai. I never knew that Nyonika, my mom loves me.

Why am I so unfortunate, Nandini? Why?  When I could have a nice family then, why did she keep me away from it? Why was I made to hate my own mother? Why they never told me anything? Why do I have to prove myself always? Thak jaata hu mai bhi. I too get tired. Suna tumne? I GET TIRED. I FEEL SO TRAPPED INSIDE MYSELF. I FEEL SUFFOCATED around people. I can't trust anyone. MAI HI KYU?

Kal ko agar koi aake bolega na that Manik, tumhari to ek bohot badi family hai. kaise hai vo sab? TO mai kya bolunga, Nandini? Kya bolunga?

Tumhe pata hai? Ye jo Aryaman aur Abhimanyu hai na? Ye log mere bhai hai ye mujhe 2 (showing 2 with his fingers) sirf  2 mahine pehle pata chala. I've got a family out there who might be loving me but see my fate...

Kabhi kabhi to hasi aati hai mujhe mere naseeb pe. Paise hai, family bhi hai, sab mujhse pyaar bhi krte hai. Ye mai nahi keh raha. (Pointing towards Abhimanyu and Aryaman) Yeh dono ne bataya mujhe. Mai kahunga bhi kaise mujhe to pata bhi nahi hai k ye log dikhte kaise hai. So, I was saying that pyaar hai, dost hai, parivaar bhi hai pr phir bhi me akela hi raha. 22 years. Pure 22 years I was all alone. Aisa kyu kiya tumhare Aiyappa ne Nandini? Kyuu? Tum pucho na please. Shayad tumhe bata de vo. Tum to unki favourite ho na. Please pucho na Nandini.

Manik didn't want to reveal all this and break down in front of everyone but, one look in Nandini's eyes and his control started falling. He had been strong for everyone. Secured everyone's life. Kept everyone above himself. His pain. His grief. And look at the irony no one noticed it except Nandini.

I feel bad for Manik. He didn't do anything to deserve this mess.

What are your thoughts about Manik and Nandini's bond?

I wanted to show the kind of bond they share. How they mould themselves according to the demand of the situation. Because that's what I noticed first about MaNan and somewhere I feel we've lost that. With that thought in my mind, I penned this chapter.

Do let me know your views.

Regards,

Your irregular writer...