Part 38

Cabir's place

Navya and Nandini sat there trying to process this information while Cabir chose to observe Manik who seemed to be deep in his thoughts. Cabir's voice brought everyone out of their shocked state.

C - What are you thinking, Manik?

M - I'm just trying to join the dots and come to a conclusion.

C - Share it with us. Maybe we can help

M - For now, I just want to be in peace. I'm going to my place.

N - I don't think it will be a good idea for you to drive with these things roaming in your head.

M - But then I want to go home.

C - You can rest here.

M - I don't want to cause trouble to you and Navya.

Na - What nonsense are you speaking Manik? When have I made you feel that you shouldn't come here? Have I ever? Even when I was hell scared from you, I tried my best to help you because you're a brother I've craved all my life. You protected me even when you hated me. You fought with Harshad for my dignity knowing that it'll cause you more harm. And now when I've got a chance to do something, this is what I get?

M - Try to understand, Navya. I didn't want to be a nuisance in your work.

Na - you'll not amd even if you do that's not gonna be a problem because I know it'll be less than that caused by Cabir all the time. So, don't worry. I'm habituated to this.

N - Manik, as Navya is insisting so much, can we stay here for a while? I promise if you don't want to stay after that, no one will stop you.

M - Fine.

Manik moved towards the glass window that is a bit far from the hall in Cabir's place and stood there looking out of the glass. His posture was stiff and he was again drown in his thoughts. He could hear faint voices of the trio as they talked.

N - I can't see him like this. It's like every problem has to come now only.

C - Even I can't see him so lost but, I know one thing for sure that I'm gonna stand by him no matter what and even you people.

Na - Definitely. He's lost now but, I'm damn sure something might be cooking in his head. As far as I've known him, he's not someone who will sit still and watch things happen. He likes to take control. Be it on people or on situations.

C - Wow Madhubala. I never knew that you look upto my friend and has been really observant.

Na - I've no shame in accepting that I look upto Manik. The way he deals with things is commendable. You people keep saying that he's impulsive but, he is not. He's calculative and all his moves are same. I'm lucky to have him in my life. Thank you Nandini. Its because of you that i could understand him and see things from a different perspective.

Nandini was beaming with pride listening to the praises of her man from her bestfriend who hated him in the initial stage of her relationship. So, Nandini made her understand and asked to observe things rather than believing the rumours and ignoring the truth.

C - He's just like his name. A gem. Nandini, can you please take him out for sometime? I think he needs to be distracted from all this fiasco.

N - The arrangements are already done. I wanted to take him on a date today but, this news came.

Na - You can still take him out. Go and get your stuffs and send Manik's clothes here. I will pass them on to him for you.

N - Are you sure this is the time for a date?

C - It's the best time as his birthday is tomorrow. Don't tell me you forgot about it.

N - Why do you think I've arranged all this today? It's just that his gift will be completed tomorrow.

Na - Now go. Hurry up! Time won't wait for you. It's 6 already. Move.

N - Cabir, how about I bring all those things over here? Will it be fine?

C - It'll be perfect.

N - Thank you Cabir for all that you do. I can never thank you enough.

C - We'll talk about all this later. Now, go and make all the calls.

Nandini nodded and went towards one of the rooms to make all the arrangements.

Cabir and Navya looked at each other and sighed. Cabir took her in a side hug and spoke

C - Don't worry. Everything will be fine.

Navya leaned on him and rested her head on his shoulders and spoke

Na - If not. We'll make it fine. I can't see them like this.

Inside the room, Cabir's place

Nandini made all the calls and spoke looking at her phones wallpaper that is Manik's picture when he was laughing whole heartedly.

N - I'll make your birthday so special that you'll never forget it. I hope you'll like my gift as it is something that you wanted from a long time but, i also know that you wanted to do this yourself. As I've taken help from someone you don't like but what's her fault in all this is something I don't understand. I'll make sure that you get your happiness and this time no one's gonna stop me from doing so.

Aiyappa, I hope he won't get angry on me for doing this.

Screen divides into two halves and freezes on Nandini's determined face and Manik's lost face.

Did you people liked the update?

Are you excited for Manik's birthday?

Few words for Navya?

Few words for Cabir?

I know MaNan content was not in this update. But, the next 2 updates will have lots of MaNan moments in it.

Also, can you guess what gift will Nandini give to Manik?

Do let me know your views in the comment section.

Regards,
Your Irregular Writer😂😂