Part 41

Manik was awestruck looking at his beauty who has adorned herself in his favorite color. He grabbed her waist and pulled her towards himself.

Manik - Seems like you're planning to kill me with your looks

Nandini - Is the plan working, Mr. Malhotra?

Manik - Totally Ms. Murthy

Though Manik was being all normal around her, Nandini could see that he was still hesitant. His touch had a sense of hesitancy which he tried to hide but, it was observed by his lady love who was looking at him keenly and was capturing every expression that came on his face.

Nandini thought:

I know you're hurt by my words, Manik. I shouldn't have said all those harsh words but, I don't know what came into me at that time. I can't see you being hesitant for touching me. Tonight, I'll make sure that I'll heal every wound of yours. I promise to bring every happiness in your life that you deserve. I promise to get your family together.

Nandini's thought ends.

Manik - So, what have you planned for us tonight, Ms. Murthy?

Nandini - I'm planning to bewitch you with my beauty, Mr. Malhotra

Manik - That you have already done, babe

Nandini - Is that so?

Manik - mmm-hmm

Nandini held Manik's hand and took him to the dinner arrangements she had made in one of the corners of the garden. Reaching there Manik saw she has decorated the area beautifully. Though the decorations were simple and had nothing fancy, they seemed perfect to Manik as the decorations were as per his taste; simple yet classy and elegant. 

A round table covered with black cloth was placed in front of a tree that was beautifully decorated with fairy lights. Rose petals were laid on the ground surrounding the table. A beautiful bouquet was placed on the table with water candles. The chairs had flowers wrapped in a white-colored cloth.

Manik stood at a distance admiring the beautiful view while Nandini was busy admiring her man whose face is having a full-fledged smile. She is looking at him as if trying to capture the minute details of him. A waiter came toward Nandini and went after giving something to her.

Nandini held Manik's hand in between hers and spoke

Nandini - Manik, I know I've hurt you a lot with my words.

Manik was about to protest but, Nandini kissed his hands making him quiet while he gently squeezed her hands, a silent message telling her that he is listening.

You know... When I recall the words I used for you, it makes me shudder in my place thinking how did I end up saying those harsh words to the love of my life, to you; my Manik.  It hurts me to know that I've hurt you. So, I asked someone to meet me here, in our garden. You may know about her arrival but, didn't ask me about it. That was the moment I knew that no one can love me the way you do. I can never match the level of your love. No one can ever love anyone the way you love me. Knowing that I called the person whom you hate the most, you chose to trust me. That was the moment that made me understand the depth of your love.

I don't know how to express my love like you but, I do know that you like it the most when we are in our own bubble; where no one is allowed to enter inside the paradise of MaNan. So, I planned this date to give you something that you have craved the most. Something that you have missed. Something that forced my Manik to have a facade of Monster.

I was planning to say all this to you after dinner but, I guess my gift couldn't wait for that much time and ended up being here before time.

Manik looked at her with various emotions. At first, shock, surprise, amusement, confusion, hurt, admiration, anger, and love. He somehow got an idea about what the gift might be but, he couldn't pinpoint why Nandini chose that day as they are in the middle of the chaos.

Nandini took Manik with her toward a gazebo on the right side of the garden. Manik could see a figure sitting there. He could easily pinpoint who was the person. Heck, he craved for her all along. How could he not know her?

Nandini - Aunty

Aunty - Mujhse nahi hoga Nandini. Mujhse nahi hoga.

Nandini - I'm leaving my Manik with you for an hour. Make sure you make the best use of it and if you try to hurt him then, I'll make sure that you don't get to see sunshine for the rest of your life.

Though Nandini knew that she won't harm him now, she couldn't neglect her previous behavior towards Manik. Hence, she chose a unique way to let her know that she trusts her yet, doesn't trust her.

(A/N: Your writer has definitely lost her mind now. What do you think? :p)

Nandini went away and Manik didn't say a word making her (the person) anxious, worried, and nervous.

The person turned and Manik looked at her with a straight face.

Who expected her?

Promo: Raat andheri aur do javan premi