Part 33

Manik's breakdown had left everyone speechless. They didn't know how to console him when they are having tears in their eyes. Somewhere, they felt guilty for taking him for granted, for leaving their problems on him to solve, for not being there for him, for always thinking about themselves. They were not wrong in their place but, they never thought to keep themselves in his shoes as he does for everyone including Nandini.

There were times when Nandini didn't share her feelings with him and ended up being in trouble. Nandini remembered when Manik had asked her to stay away from Pandit but, she being naive and innocent didn't take his words seriously. Though she was getting some strange vibes from Pandit Ji, she never shared it with Manik and the end result was she going away from everyone. No, she wasn't at fault but, sometimes, sharing your feelings helps. She remembered she was the one who taught Manik to share his feelings but, she failed to do so. She remembered the time when Manik was bought to Mumbai due to his health issues, she never shared her feelings openly with him. She remembered the fusion concert day when she was getting weird intuitions but, she brushed it all. She remembered all the times when she didn't share her feelings and every time Manik suffered in a way or another. Her intentions were always pure but every time, the end result was Manik being hurt either physically or mentally. She decided to never hide anything from him and share everything with him be it a small thing.

Cabir remembered the time when Manik stood up for him in the Musicana party even when he was broken after breaking Nandini's heart. Remembering Manik's condition, he shuddered. He knew if he didn't reach there that night then, Manik would never share what he's going through. He remembered the time when Nandini got kidnapped and Manik called them. For the first time, Manik had called them when he needed them. Manik was always their protector and he never let any harm reach his friends. They all were dependent on him in some or another way. He felt proud that he has got a friend like Manik. At the same time, he felt guilt rushing in his veins for not understanding his best friend.

Mukti was stunned seeing Manik breaking down like this. She has always seen Manik as a pillar of support, as her protector, as her savior. She could never think of Manik breaking down like this even in her wildest dreams. She always thought that FAB 5 is enough for him just like her but what she failed to realize is that Manik was there to protect her and all their friends while no one was there to protect him. He had to deal with everything on his own. No one was there to show him the right path or light like he was there for them. He had to pay a price for his every mistake while they had him cover their mistakes.

Abhimanyu and Aryamann were shocked to see their elder brother in a vulnerable state. They felt they don't deserve to be called brothers as they were never there for him but, that's not the truth. They have always protected him knowing as well as unknowingly which they're yet to realize.

One by one everyone went to their respective rooms to clear their head leaving MaNan. Nandini gathered Manik in her arms and spoke rubbing his back

N - bss Manik. shh. Bohot ro liya hai tumne. shhh

M - Mai hi kyu, Nandini? Mai hi kyu

N - Idhar dekho meri taraf

Manik kept looking down silently refusing to look at her

N - Achhaa think hai. If you don't want to look at me then, at least come inside the room

Manik looked at Nandini as she agreed to him without any objection and somewhere it did add fuel to his insecurities.

N -  What? Aise kya dekh rahe ho?

Manik nodded his head sideways gesturing nothing.

N - Yahi soch rahe ho na that how come Nandini agreed so easily? Hmm?

I'll answer that but, before that, you need to come inside

After coming inside, Nandini made Manik sit on the edge of the bed and she herself kneeled down in front of him. Taking his hands in hers, she decided to speak her heart out without looking into his eyes as she knew if she looked in his eyes, she'll get drowned in those beautiful orbs and won't be able to utter a single word.

N - Manik, (taking a deep breath) aaj I realized that I was so wrong.

Manik looked at her shocked as he never thought that Nandini can be wrong even in his imagination. He never let that thought enter his brain. He has always seen Nandini as the mature one in their relationship. She was always there for him, she always stood for him. she even fought with him to get him on the right track. She always carried an ample amount of positivity with her where ever she goes. Then why was she speaking on the negative note was something that is bugging him.

N - I've been so wrong Manik. Because of me, you've suffered so much

M - What are you saying, Nandini?  From where did you fill your mind with this bullshit?

N - It's not bullshit, Manik. It's the truth.

M - Are you even in your senses? Tumne kahi pee to nahi rakhi na?

If anyone would be there in Manik's place, they would do the same thing as Nandini Murthy thinking and uttering anything on the negative side is next to impossible especially when things concern Manik Malhotra, her life.

N - Will you please listen to me? Without interrupting me?

M - I'll but before that come and sit beside me. I don't like it when you have to kneel before me.

N - Please, let me do this Manik, or else I would never be at peace.

M - Fine! I can never win over you. But this is the last time.

How do you feel about the update?

I know it's boring but, I just wanted to show everyone's feelings

Few words for Nandini?

Few words for Cabir?

Few words for Mukti?

How did you find Manik's confused yet caring attitude?

Please, do lemme know your views in the comment section.

I would wait for it :)

Regards,

Your Irregular Writer...