Part 39

8 PM; Cabir's Place

Manik was resting in his room when Navya knocked on the door. Manik gestured for her to come in as the door was slightly open. As soon as she came inside, she started fidgeting with her fingers. It seemed as if she wanted to say something but was hesitating to say it. Manik looked at her as if waiting for her to speak something.

Na - Don't look at me like that. You're making me scared.

M - I'm just waiting for you to speak.

Manik spoke in a no-nonsense tone that made it clear to Navya that he is not in the mood for any jokes. Gathering some confidence, she spoke

Na - Uhmm... The thing is... Nandini... She has asked me to get you ready by 9. Can you please start getting ready for the date in the clothes that she had chosen for you?

Manik looked at her surprised. He couldn't understand why on earth Nandini wanted to go on a date with him amidst the mess his life is turning out to be. Deep in his heart, he was happy that she is making efforts. She's trying to mend her mistake. But the time that chose was not good enough to do any celebration. 

Amidst the chaos and the mysteries, Manik forgot that it's his birthday tomorrow. No time can be better than this for Nandini to do a celebration. She's always waiting for his birthday even more than her own. She seems more excited about his birthday than he. 

Na - MANIKKKKK

Hearing Navya's scream, Manik came back to senses who had gone into a trance of thoughts. He was trying to figure out the reason for this date that his love chose to take him.

Na - So will you please get ready? Nandini will wait for you at your destination

M - But I don't have anything here.

Na -  Why don't you check your wardrobe here?

Manik looked at her a bit weirdly as to how would his clothes be here when Nandini had not come into their room from the time they were here. He went towards the wardrobe and found four gifts placed on the couch. He surprisingly looked at Navya who came after Manik and was recording his reactions as asked by Nandini.

Na - What? Why are you looking at me like that? My best friend is not someone you should underestimate.

A small smile made its way to Manik's face hearing her. She was indeed right. His girl can do anything. She always does unexpected things. Who will go on a date when they're amidst the mess that his life has turned out to be by his own loving parents as they chose to hide it all from him and now he has to take things into his hands and solve all this but the only regret he will have is that he won't be able to give much time to Nandini. But what he doesn't know is that half of his work will be done by his love as she is hell-bent on helping him even when he has refused her to do so. Amidst all these thoughts, Navya went from there and he didn't realize that as he was lost in Nandini's thoughts.

Chucking all these thoughts, he decided to see what Nandini has chose for him. He opened the first box to see a black-colored suit with red lining on the blazer and a white shirt. He smirked thinking something and decided to talk to her about the same when he meets her. He went to take a shower and got ready in this suit.

He then moved to open the second box and found a pair of black color formal shoes.

M - It seems that Ms. Murthy has planned everything. Let's see what all you have in store for me.

He opened the smaller gift box out of the two gifts and found a key decorated beautifully with a red colored bow. He got confused looking at the key and again looked inside the box to find a note but there was none. He opened the last box hoping that he will find some clue related to the key in it. As the key looked like a car key and he was guessing it to be an actual car key. But then Nandini never gifts him any materialistic things hence, he was confused about the gift.

The gift in the last box brought a huge smile to his face. It was a Tissot watch that he wanted for a long time but couldn't get due to the continuous popping of issues in his life. Some were related to FAB 5, some were of Dhruv while some were his own reasons. What made this watch special is that it is connected with the other watch that comes with it. Both the watches have a messaging and location sharing feature but what these watches special is that they don't need to be connected to a cell phone.

Manik wore the watch and a message popped up on it

Come to our place. Waiting for you ;)

Manik smiled reading the message and gelled his hair. The happiness was being reflected in his eyes. He then started moving out of the place with a naughty glint in his eyes. Cabir and Navya smiled seeing him so happy. Cabir had tears in his eyes seeing his friend so happy after such a long time.

C - He looks so happy

Na - He is happy

C - And I hope he will be. I don't want him to be sad on his birthday

Na - Trust me, nothing like that will happen

C - You don't know, Navya. He is very sensitive when things concern his family. You can never imagine how he's gonna react when things are related to his family. No doubt he treated FAB 5 as his family and even you saw how he used to react when someone tried to demean or break us but, now things are different.

Na - We'll make everything alright for him and even Nandu is doing everything for that only

C - That's the point, Navya. He would never want her to be involved in his mess.

Na - It's their mess now, Cabir just like, how your mess is mine.

Cabir shockingly looked at her as she is not someone who would do this kind of prank.

Na - Yes, Cabir. Being with you and understanding you has made me fall for you. I used to admire you a lot as you never let anyone be sad for a longer period of time. But now is not the case. I love you, Cabir. No matter how much I fight with you, I can never imagine living without you now. I love you, Mr. Cabir Dhawan. I'm deeply in love with you.

Here, Navya confessed her feelings while, on the other side, Manik reached the parking lot and was shocked to see the thing in front of him.

Screen gets divided into two parts. One part shows a shocked Cabir while the other shows a shocked Manik.

Precap: Date

What do you think Manik might have seen?

What do you think will happen next?

I've started a new story on MaNan. It is an arranged marriage tale. If you wish to read it, please go to my profile and add it to your library.

Please do share your views. It helps a lot.

Regards,

Your Irregular Writer...