Season 3 Chapter 58 Ultra Soul

No one's POV

Like a ferocious wave, the Xenos were barreling straight down the road in a single line. They were in the western section of the Labyrinth District, near the center. After emerging from the shortcut immediately in front of Loki Familia's formation, the monsters were now running as fast as they could toward the underground passage to Knossos.

Lido: Thanks to Sora-chi, Rin-chi and Lili-chi, there are hardly any adventurers around!

Fels: Do not let down your guard! Here they come!

Fels yelled up from the center of the line. The mage was right: Loki Familia members were at that very moment rushing from the center, northwest, and southwest to fill the gap in the formation.

Loki Familia member: Archers, take your positions!

Loki Familia platoon leaders shouted. The archers drew back their bows and aimed at the advancing group of monsters. Positioned on buildings in front and to the left and right, they were about to unleash a tri-directional rain of arrows on the Xenos. But.

Loki Familia member: ?!

Loki Familia member: It's cooooold?!

The elves and animal people who had been fitting their arrows to their bows were suddenly half-frozen. A blizzard that materialized from thin air had blindsided the girls. The bow, arm, shoulder, and half the face of each demi-human were covered in an armor of ice. They cried out at the bitter cold.

Welf: Sorry...!

Mikoto: Apologies for the surprise attack!

Under their veils, Welf and Mikoto whispered their regrets. Their invisible hands gripped the aqua-colored magic daggers they had drawn from their sheaths. By running alongside the Xenos at a set distance and letting the noisy band of advancing monsters draw the attention of their opponents, Welf and Mikoto had managed to pull off the perfect sneak attack.

Even the upper- class Loki Familia adventurers were helpless against this bombardment from their blind side by an invisible enemy. There was no escaping the blizzard from such close range as it swept over a wide area the instant it was released; even those who attempted to defend themselves from the aqua-blue wave of cold were imprisoned in ice.

Mikoto: With these, we should be able to progress without destroying the city, Sir Welf!

Welf: Yeah!

Welf smiled half-heartedly, unable to fully give himself over to pride in his creation. The Crozzo magic daggers and the original Sage's magic items made for a wicked combination. Without revealing that Hestia Familia had sided with the monsters, they were able to completely immobilize the targets of their surprise attacks.

Haruhime: A little further, and you will emerge onto a broad street. Keep going straight!

Mikoto: Understood, Lady Haruhime.

Leaving Welf to watch for enemy pursuers, Mikoto went to intercept adventurers approaching from other streets. With the help of Hestia and Haruhime, she was able to forestall them without getting lost herself, sending waves of cold over them as they rushed toward the Xenos. The adventurers became her magic dagger's quarry as she plastered herself to a wall above their heads and waited to ambush them. They cried out as the ice forced them to halt. The invisible Welf and Mikoto were able to hold the sporadic groups of Loki Familia fighters entirely in check.

Hestia: Mikoto! Welf! Hang in there for us!

Hestia pumped her fist into the air as she looked down at the magic map. She could see the symbols for Welf and Mikoto moving frenetically around the Xenos, who were advancing east straight through the central zone of the Labyrinth District. She cheered on her familia members as they did their utmost to hold back the enemy's approach.

The Flash (Danmachi x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें