Season 4 Chapter 62 The Great Falls

No one's POV

The faction alliance expected the expedition to last one week. Muller assured them that a party like this could easily make it to their destination and back in five days, so they had planned their trip accordingly, including where they would set up camp beyond the safety points.

Welf, Ouka, and Bell made up the vanguard of the formation heading into the Dungeon. The center was split into two groups: Mikoto, Chigusa, and Daphne would act as floaters to protect the combatants and supporters, while Lilly, Haruhime, and Cassandra served as supporters. In reality, the function of the latter three was more like a rear guard. Muller, Rin and Aisha, 3 powerful Level-4 fighter, was stationed at the very end to dispel any attacks from behind.

Of course, this was the first time Hestia Familia was acting as part of such a large group, so they expected to carefully observe how the coalition worked and make temporary changes in positions as needed. Ultimately, they were headed for the lower levels.

Bell: Aah!!

A screech split the air. Bell's Hestia Knife flashed in a violet arc as it cleaved a monster in half.

Beatle: OUUUUUUU!!

Belatedly, the mad beetle's death cry thundered through the passageway.

Daphne: Little Rookie! Keep it up! Kill them all!

Daphne cried as the two halves of the enormous beetle rolled over the bark- covered floor, pressing her against the wall. Bell narrowed his eyes sharply and nodded as he raised his new knife in his left hand and kicked off the They were in the Colossal Tree Labyrinth on the twenty-fourth floor. The party had rapidly broken Hestia Familia's previous record for Dungeon floors cleared and was now in the lowest section of the middle levels. One reason for their speed was Bell.

Bell: UOO?!

In place of the purple arc, a heroic white flash emanated from his left hand. The beautiful, glittering white knife reduced the monster to a cloud of ash with a single blow.

Like the Hestia Knife in his right hand, Hakugen—the new weapon in his left—was quickly racking up an impressive bodycount. Measuring thirty-five celch from tip to base, the long knife fell just between the Hestia Knife and a baselard in size. Incredibly, it was made from unicorn horn, a rare drop item. Welf had crafted it for Bell with great care, and its blade was even sharper than the lost Ushiwakamaru. Every time Bell moved his arm even slightly, a flash of light instantaneously shot forth, proclaiming death to herds of swordstag monsters.

 Every time Bell moved his arm even slightly, a flash of light instantaneously shot forth, proclaiming death to herds of swordstag monsters

As usual, Bell wore his dir-adamantite armor, currently on its fifth reincarnation. The durable, lightweight set shined like new thanks to Welf's repairs. For the moment, it was still scratch free. His left leg was wrapped in a new holster made of old bison leather, far stronger than his previous one. Fitted out in new gear from Welf, Bell got to work driving off the monsters circling the party, just as Daphne had requested.