Season 4 Chapter 79 The White Magic Palace

No one's POV

The White Palace. That was what the thirty-seventh floor is called. The walls are a strange milky white and the scale of the maze is infinitely grander than the lower floors. All the passageways and rooms are huge, easily ten meders across in most places. The ceilings are no joke, either, due to the darkness, almost no one could see how high they were.

The Ring Walls are especially distinctive.

In the center of the floor there's a staircase leading to the next floor, and five rings resembling huge castle walls surround it as if to protect the imperial throne of the staircase. This layout doesn't exist on any other floor. Adventurers must make their way through the intricate mazes between the walls, or else go up and down countless times as they head for the central staircase.

A floor so big that it fits the entire Orario

Many parts of the floor are still unexplored and unmapped, and they say that if you get lost in here you'll never get out. That perfectly describes Sora, Bell, and Ryuu's current situation. They've got to break out of this unbelievably huge White Palace. They must escape this maze of horror.

Lizarmand: SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

A robust arm covered in blue scales flashes a blade. The lizardman warrior thunders threateningly as Bell narrowly dodge its powerful attack, which has trimmed several white hairs off his head and left me drenched in cold sweat.

The lizardman elite. As its name suggests, the monster is a higher-rank version of the lizardmen that appear in the Colossal Tree Labyrinth. Its abilities are on a totally different level. The scales are blue rather than red, and as hard as armor, leaving no offensive or defensive vulnerability whatsoever. Its hands skillfully wield nature weapons—two axes made of a milky white stone that resembles bone. Although their threat level varies across individuals, the Guild rates them between Level 3 and Level 4. They specialize in close combat.

Lizarman: GRUO! JAAAA!

The battlefield is a square room. Bell face two enemies in front. And in the back, 12 skull sheep appeared where Sora is guarding. Since she can't yet move with total freedom, Ryuu was forced to kneel between Sora and Bell as the rear guard, waiting on the sidelines of the battle. Sora and Bell took on both monsters at once, protecting her at the same time.

Bell could sense his enemies' potential viscerally, but he was careful not to get pulled into an unnecessary counterattack

Bell could sense his enemies' potential viscerally, but he was careful not to get pulled into an unnecessary counterattack. Taking an oblique stance, Bell hold the longsword in his right hand and gradually inch backward, tolerating the lizardmen's attacks as stoically as he could. He felt Sora and Ryuu's sky-blue eyes watching over him from behind. Bell focus his attention on his enemies' movements, saving up his strength.

Sora has imposed a condition on his advance through this deep level. He must prioritize the conservation of energy above all else. It is essential that he avoid wasteful movements, and whenever possible kill monsters with one strike. In other words, a single lethal blow. Bell had to aim for the magic stone in the monster's chest!