Season 4 Chapter 77 Hello Deep Levels

No one's POV

Sora and Slyphid's ears were ringing. The sound is like the shrill cry of a child who's just woken from a nightmare. A cry of reason, screaming in denial of reality. The shriek of their instincts assaults the depths of their mind.

Sora: We're at the deep levels...

The whispered fragment of a thought falls from his lips and melts into the darkness. Stillness pierces both Sora and Slyphid's ears. The gloomy blackness of the maze embraces them.

A strange milky color seems to stick to the walls, and the ceilings are so high they couldn't even see them. The scale of the labyrinth is so enormous it seems impossible.

Slyphid: Yeah. This is the thirty-seventh floor. White Palace

Sora:.........

Sora move his head to look around. He didn't see any monsters nearby. No telltale sounds or signs of them, either. He looked around his surrounding trying to figure out which side of the dungeon he was in. Their current location was a tremendously large room. The distance from the center of the chamber, where Sora and Slyphid were, to the walls must be at least four hundred meders.

 The distance from the center of the chamber, where Sora and Slyphid were, to the walls must be at least four hundred meders

The phosphorescence illuminating the walls is weak as candlelight. Right next to Sora was the dead body of a huge serpent. It's the lambton, otherwise known as a wormwell, that expired after they sliced their way out of its belly and crawled through a fountain of blood. That was after it swallowed us on the twenty-seventh floor and burrowed its way down here with them in its belly.

Sora:.....

Sora gritted his teeth knowing that their current situation was at absolute worst. The Lambton had taken them back to their nest. It had burrowed 10 floors deep underground. Normally he could easily solo this dungeon, but not at his current condition where both him and Slyphid were severely injured during their assault at Knossos.

Slyphid: It's not just us you should be worrying. We still had Bell and Ryuu.

Sora: I know...

Sora check the elf lying limp in his arms. And in the arm of the Spirit girl was the incomplete hero. Those two were also battered from head to toe after being swallowed by the wormwell and exposed to its toxic stomach acid. Patches of Ryuu's long cape and Bell's battle clothes have been burned away, revealing their bare skin, which was marred with countless burns. Ryuu's right leg, wrapped up in her cape, was bent at a strange angle. It's broken.

As Sora continue looking around, he pull Ryuu a little closer to protect her—or maybe to cling to her. Sora slowly put the elf in his shoulder while the Spirit girl put the white bunny on hers.

Sora: Ryuu....!

Slyphid: Bell...!

Sora and Slyphid call their name. They were begging those two to wake up. With their currently condition, they need all the help they could possibly get. That's when it happens. Pitter-patter. Fragments of stone are falling.