Season 3 Finale Chapter 60 The Return of the Hero

No one's POV

Sora and Aiz stood on a hilltop in the western section of Daedalus Street. Aiz was still hugging Sora tightly crying onto his shoulders. She was half happy and half sad. Happy that her brother was still alive, sad that he chose a totally different path than hers.

Sora: Are you okay, now?

Aiz:...

Aiz didn't say anything and slowly nodded her head and Sora smile at her and patted her head.

Sora: When all of this is over... Let's have a talk, you and I. Tell each other stories of what happened when we were separated.

Aiz: Yeah, sounds good.

Sora and Aiz smile at one another when...

UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO—!!

The hideous battle cry of a monster thundered across the night sky.

Sora: Huh?

At first, Sora and Aiz didn't understand what had happened. They looked up in the direction that the cry had come from. A grotesque form was flapping its way across the moon behind a veil of clouds.

Sora: What the?

Sora had climbed to a rooftop, and he shouted in disbelief as he surveyed the chaotic scene. The Xenos such as Gros and a few other flying monsters are on a riot at the center of the plaza main street.

Sora: Why are they on a riot?

Aiz: Go...

Sora: Aiz...

Aiz: We'll talk later.

Sora nodded his head and leaped toward the crowd. He headed straight for the plaza as if the screams of the townsfolk were pulling him forward.

(Elsewhere)

Eina: Please do not go toward Main Street! Please follow orders from Ganesha Familia!

Eina shouted. She was desperately trying to hold back the out-of- control townsfolk, though their trampling feet and shouting voices created a roar like a waterfall to drown out her voice. Although she had headed to Daedalus Street largely for personal reasons, she was now doing her utmost to ensure the safety of the townsfolk here on the outskirts of the northwestern area. At least, she had been until a moment earlier. Now she was trying to guide people through the chaotic plaza, but she wasn't sure she was doing any good.

Eina(mind): Did the monsters end up here because they were being pursued? But why come to the evacuation site of all places, given the size of Daedalus Street...?

She watched as the monsters took on adventurers in the center of the plaza. Despite all her knowledge, Eina's normal role was limited to waiting at Guild Headquarters for adventurers to return. She was filled with just as much fear as the other Guild staff and townsfolk. She willfully tried to steady her shaky hands and feet as she assessed the state of the battle.

Eina(mind): That gargoyle is extraordinarily strong!

One after another, not only lower-class adventurers but even those who had leveled up to third tier, and the handful of second-tier adventurers present in the plaza, were thrown back so forcefully they couldn't get up again. The gargoyle's stone body was nearly impervious to long-range weapons as well. He was so strong she suspected they wouldn't be able to take him down without magic. It was hard to believe, but with Ganesha Familia concentrating on keeping the townsfolk safe, this small band of monsters had the upper hand.

Eina(mind): If only Loki Familia would show up...!

Eina watched from the corner of her eye as an adventurer toppled over vomiting blood and was pulled away by a companion, and she prayed for someone to rescue them. At that moment, her eyes met those of the brutal gargoyle.