Chapter 6

young women who was muttering as she rolled her shoulder.

Ding. The end of the day had finally come and Shelby waved bye to Patrica, and headed to Dome, where apparently the boys got to have all the fun. Running inside, she found herself behind of large of people. Slowly she scanned the crowd, seeing Smason up against the railing.

She quickly moved her way through the crowd, ignoring grumbled complaints and groans.

Finally arriving at the front, she grabbed the edge of Smason's vest and pulled herself forward.

"What I miss?" She excitedly, as she looked all over the stadium ground down below.

Veron frowned, "Nothing really, three guys got taken out by that guy."

Following where Veron was pointing, Shelby looked at the guy whose back was to them. Feeling her heart rate go up, Shelby frowned. Placing a hand on her chest she turned her eyes away. "Is he that good?"

Smason answered, "Nope. I think it's because he's of a higher rank that the others just took his hits." His loud spoken answer, caused Shelby and Veron to wince.

Smason just smiled, not seeing the angry looks shot his way. Or if Shelby was honest, he knew they were there but didn't care.

Veron cleared his throat, "Hrmph, be that as it may. It's no fun, we're hoping when they fight each other it'll be more exciting."

Shelby nodded, as she turned her eyes back to the stage. Another walked onto the sandy grounds, he was just as fit. He walked to the center, and spoke some words.

The on whose back had been turned, said something while turning around.

"Mine."

Shelby tightened her hold on the railing, her heart was the only thing she could hear. Her head started to pound, biting her lip she blinked rapidly.

All her attention zeroed on the male standing facing his next opponent. He was smirking, his red eyes were bright with lust for the fight. The scars on his abdomen only made Shelby aware of his abs that seemed cut from stone. He swiftly moved, approaching his enemy like cat playing with its prey.

"Weak."

In what seemed like five minutes he'd taken down the opponent like he was nothing.

The man she was seeing who'd won, wasn't the right one Shelby knew instinctively. Lifting her eyes she noticed the person standing leaned against the wall, he hadn't moved forward at all.

If she beat the current champion, then she could meet the one leaned against the wall.

Veron noticing Shelby's stillness, placed a careful hand on her shoulder. And yelped when he felt the Solaria that whipped out, wincing he called her name. She suddenly jerked her eyes to him, the dark grey flickering, showing the blue. "I want to fight too."

Smason, placed a hand on her shoulder and leaned down, "Are you okay?"

Shelby shook her head, her flickering eyes went back to the scene down below, "I just want to have some fun."

Veron and Smason shared a look, when a Trixian got like this it lead to two things, a new bride, or sex partner. Or a lot of dead people, sighing, Smason rubbed a hand on his neck, "I'll show you the way down Shelby, but once you beat three people you have to forfeit, okay?"

She nodded, almost giddy, "Uncle never gets serious, and I've found them. They can probably keep up, right?" She sent a worried look to the stadium down below, as they left to towards the exit.