Chapter 25

Aine sat behind his desk a new fly from Avon was glowing on it.

"Avon has reported that he has met with Urianna, and that she has picked a day that would be perfect for her extraction."

"Well, isn't that god news then?" Quincy asked, as he fiddled with some toy in his lap. From where he sat across from Aine.

Aine nodded, leaning back he stared at the ceiling. "It would be good if she isn't too damaged from this experience."

"Yeah," Quincy said on a sigh, "It's not every day you get kidnapped, and raped by some barbarian prince from some foreign planet."

Aine lifted his head, and glared at Quincy. "You know that's my daughter you're talking about, right?"

They both jumped when they heard something crash to the ground outside of Aines study. Jumping up, Aine quickly ran over to the door and opened it only to stare into the wide brown eyes of his wife.

Her hands trembled, the remains of what would have been a surprise anniversary cake laid on the floor.

"J-Jess, weren't you working late?" Aine asked, struggling with the growing horror on his wife's face.

Not hearing him, Jess hadn't moved her eyes staring straight ahead. "Uri-Urianna," Her eyes met Aine's, "What-what happened to my baby?"

Aine was frozen, despite being the Emperor of an entire race, he wasn't able to deal with his wife's anguish fast enough.

Jess eyes turned stormy and dark, she shoved passed him and walked toward Qunicy. "Say what you did before. What did you say happened to Urianna?!"

Quincy hesitated, but seeing that the emperor was frozen in the doorway he had no choice. Lowering his head he spoke quietly, "She was kidnapped."

Jess eyes closed and groaned, Quincy reached out to her but she waved off his hand. "What else?" She snapped, opening her eyes and glaring at him.

"She-she was forced into the role of his, um, sexual partner."

She frowned as if confused, "Sexual-?" She started shaking her head.

Quincy simply gave her a pitying look, and nodded his head. "She-."

Jess physically recoiled, "No, no, no, no. NO!" She screamed, her voice cutting Quincy off.

This snapped Aine out of his frozen state, and he quickly went to her side pulling her into his arms. He nodded to Quincy signaling him to leave, he didn't bother to watch him shut the door .Jess screamed of denial echoed off the study walls.

"Jess. Baby, you have to calm down." Aine closed his eyes at the pain in his wife's voice, "Love, you have to calm down. you'll make yourself sick."

At his coaxing, her screams turned in moans of pain that ripped wholes into his heart. He slowly turned her around, her eyes were vacant as she stared ahead.

"Are you okay now?"

Slap!

Jess eyes glared at him, as she lowered her hand. "How. Dare. You." Her eyes glared through the messy pieces of her hair, "How dare you lie to me-!"

She weaved forward, but caught herself, "My baby. My child is on some godforsaken planet, and she-." She swallowed, slapping repeatedly her chest, "She's alone, and being used-I have to go to her."

She moved towards the door, but Aine blocked her. "You can't."

She glared at him, "Move."

He shook his head, "We've already sent Avon, and he's going to bring her home. It would endanger too many people if you go."