Chapter 40 (Finale)

Author: I made sure that the last CHAPTER, was LONG!! So her you guys go the end, the final and she BAM!!

Ivan had panicked when he'd realized there was no sign of Uri or her female guard. The battle was over, and the guards who'd had failed at their duty had been dispatched.

"This was terribly easy." Said the earth captain, grimacing at the blood that coated his boots.

Ivan gave a jerky nod, his eyes narrowed. "The hard part will be the elders, and father.'

The Captain blinked, "I thought the whole point of this was that your father was incapacitated."'

Ivan didn't say anything, as Killian walked up to them, his eyes bright still with left over blood lust.

"Did they permit us to meet them?" He asked hiding his weary doubt, that the elders would see him.

Killian nodded, a smirk curving his lips. "Your father didn't wish for them to do so, but the elders overruled them."

Ivan nodded, seeing Uri walking towards him he turned his attention towards her. His eyes focused on the child she held, "Where did you go?" He demanded, only Uri was able to hear the worry in his voice.

She smiled, "I went to visit the Queen Tai-fai." She answered, as if she'd just gone to have tea with a neighbor, she brushed her fingers through the hair of the sleeping child in her arms. "She wasn't happy to see me; I can tell you that."

"How could you go alone?!" Ivan anger rolled, he despised the idea that Uri had put herself in danger. Anything could have happened.

Uri eyes widened, "You didn't appear to need my help on the field, so I thought I should go handle the inner courts. I will be in charge of them after all, though you won't have any consorts, it's still my duty to meet the female servants and princesses."

"And?" Ivan said, narrowing his eyes, "Did you see any of them?"

Uri shrugged, turning her attention back to the child. "Most of them ran, but Tai-fai stayed, she didn't favor those who chose to run," Uri's eyes turned cold, but the smile remained "Especially the crown princess, who I found dead along with her servants at Tai-fais feet."

"What?!" The three men stared at her in horror, Uri ignored this and handed the boy child over to Veronica.

"Well, aside from that she went down pretty easily, and we were able to get your son." She turned her attention back to Ivan, and walked up to his side, laying a comforting hand on his arm, "Now, what is this about the elders, and your father?"

Ivan stared at the woman by his side. He, himself had been accused of having a cold and ruthless nature, but his queen, the love of his life seem to carry within herself the same cold nature.

Instead of feeling disgust, or nervous Ivan laid a hand over hers and spoke. "We must meet them, in order to be recognized as the new owners of the Keehan Royal titles."

Uri nodded, her blue eyes showing curiosity, "Sure let's go."

Soon they marched past the front of the large palace, under high arches, and high stone walls. They arrived at large open space. Across from the gateway they stood under, was a large staircase made of stone and marble.

It led up to a large building, with large white pillars that had dragons carved into it. The sky slowly darkened to grey, as they approached.

Ivan jaw clenched as he stared up at it, his eyes swirling with too many emotions. Uri tightened her hold of his hand, "Are you okay?" She asked, worry coating her voice.