Chapter 20

Author:We made it to chapter 20...clap your hands!!

Urianna felt something settle over her, not wanting to wake up she tried to ignore it. Realizing whatever it was, wasn't going away anytime soon. She groggily opened her eyes, only to find herself staring into Ivans red eyes.

Jerking up in surprise she gasped. "What are you doing?"

He didn't speak, and just stared at her in silence. Confused her gaze went from him to the glass decanter on the floor. Returning her gaze to him, "You've been drinking?" She accused.

He nodded, moving back his silver hair was out of its usual braid. "You want to leave me." His statement drew her out of the annoyance at the smell brandy that came of him.

He narrowed his eyes on her, "You think what we shared was rape?" His voice was husky and heavy and almost...hurt sounding.

Uriann, unsure on how to answer tried to place a hand over his. "Ivan-."

"No!" He threw her hand off and stood, his lean form still distracting. He left the bed, "You think that my claiming was a crime. And now...Hah, now that filthy Galx wants to take away what's mine."

Drawing the covers up, Urianna went to the edge of the bed. "Ivan, your drunk...come to bed. We can talk about this tomorrow."

He shook his head, causing wisp of silver hair to fly everywhere. "You can't leave me...you can't."

Suddenly realizing that the drunkard in front of her had no intention of returning to bed, Urianna sighed. "Why can't I leave you?" Suddenly tired Urianna spoke her true thoughts, "I won't claim that the night with slept together was consensual, but I won't claim it as rape either. Still, Ivan you kidnapped me off a ship and forced me into a role that I never wanted, no aspired to."

Getting up, Urianna stepped off the bed and faced him. "You took my freedom, and choice and expected me to just fall in line. Now a chance has come for me to gain my freedom back. Who wouldn't take it, Ivan you don't even need me, and anyone would do right?"

He suddenly lunged forward and grabbed her shoulders, his eyes stared intently into hers. "Your assumptions are wrong. I have no intention of finding another person to replace your presents in my bed." Urianna felt her heart weakening at his silent intent words.

"My life is controlled by the King and Queen, everything and everyone I meet, or enjoy has been arranged to be in my presence." He slowly lowered his hands to her elbows while straightening, "You are the only haven I have away from the expectations of my future of ruling over the 6 sectors." He grimaced, his eyes darkening, "I left you at the palace, because I felt your presence would be protected there, but I could not focus with you so far away from me."

Urianna went to move away, but her feet wouldn't listen to her. This man infront of her wasn't the Ivan she knew, the cold one answer ass hole had disappeared. "You wish to hear me speak of love, but to me who has never experience such a thing is possible. All I do know is that your very existence is required for me to not drown in expectations and hatred."

He leaned forward pressing his forehead against hers, "I beg of you to not leave, do not abandon as she did-."

His voice faded off. Uriann barely had time to catch him, he was heavy so she simply knelt on the ground and laid his head in her lap. Brushing her fingers through his hair.

It wasn't fair. He didn't have a right to suddenly to show that he had a heart. That he wasn't just some domineering male with an ego complex.

She let her hands run through his hair, before she felt the tears slip down her cheeks. She quikly wiped them away, she couldn't stay. No matter how her stomach twisted, on how her heart clenched she couldn't stay with Ivan.

She had no choice...right?

Closing her eyes, Urianna tried to think over her month as Ivans. If she did choose to stay with him, she wouldn't ever have true freedom. Her life would be all regulation and following protocol. She wasn't ready for such responsibility, she didn't want it.

Ignoring her tears, Urianna mindlessly brushed her hand through Ivans hair while she contemplated what she really wanted.

**

Groggy and heavy headed, Ivan awoke and winced at the bright light coming through the large windows. Slowly he shifted, turning over trying to hide away from the light.

"Are you going to sleep all day?" A calm voice asked.

Lifting his head Ivan stared at Shelby through the parting of his hair. She stood in regular clothes, her arms were crossed.

He started to remember the night before. Pushing himself up, he saw that she'd braided her red hair down-which he hated. She slowly smiled, her blue eyes weren't narrowed in anger, or dark liked they'd been before.

He couldn't read the emotion that she was showing, but it made his stomach clench.

"Shelby?"

She shook her head not saying anything, placing a hand on her hips she spoke with authority. "You and I aren't going to school today."

"We aren't?" Ivan said, now sitting up straight, "Then what are we going to do?"

She smiled, and nodded towards the bathroom. "Go get ready, we are going to get some air."

Ivan watched her walk out of the room, and looked around the room. The bottle of brandy, and sheets were still on the floor.

He couldn't shake the memory of his pitiful actions the night before. Still, he wasn't just going to let her walk out of his life.

Getting up, he left their bed and went into the bathroom to get ready.

**

Standing by the door, Shelby stared at the top of her shoes. She wasn't sure what she was trying to achieve, but she didn't want to run away from Ivan anymore. It felt like all she'd done was hide and endure her current situation.

Lifting her head, she narrowed her eyes on the Keehan Sigil that had be placed back on the wall. If Ivan was intent on her staying by his side, she wouldn't lose herself in the trade. She was still unsure of what she would choose, but whether she went or stayed, she wasn't going to follow senseless protocol and be pushed around anymore.

Hearing the door open, she turned to face it. She couldn't help the small shiver of pleasure at Ivans appearance. He'd pulled his hair back in simple pony-tail. He always looked well dressed, but something about the simply brown leather coat, and denim jeans with a simple white shirt underneath made her heart race.

He walked towards her, his expression serious. His red eyes were clam and to her-beautiful in the sunlight.

Stopping in front of her he asked again, "Where are we going?"

She shrugged pushing off the door jam, "I haven't seen much of Nyol, and I've been wanted to see more of it."

Turning away from him she led the way to the elevator. He followed her quietly, pressing the button she gave side glance once more over his outfit. Turning her eyes forward she couldn't say something.

"So...you're dressed simply..."

He didn't bother look at her, "I always dress this way when I go amongst the people."

"Amongst the people? Ha!" She laughed, but quickly recovered at Ivan's look of confusion.

"Sorry, I just haven't heard anyone say something like that. I mean out loud anyway."

"Then you did not have connections with those who were high in rank."

Shelby winced, silently sorry to her family. "Not really. My family are more or less country bumpkins."

"Oh." Was Ivan's quiet response before they stepped out onto the main floor, the elevator doors closing silently behind them.