Chapter 35

The crowd whooped and hollered as the Keehan Prince was dragged out into the arena. Many were excited at the idea of being able to see the Easter Fest once again. The event having been abandoned after too many second princes killed the supposed heir, or their other relatives.

"So. You didn't kill yourself." It wasn't a question, Aine asked. His cold blue eyes looked over Ivan. "I can't nearly express my happiness that you're still alive."

With a wave of his hand, the guards released Ivan and stepped back. They took a stand next to the gates.

Aine was loosely dressed in a robe tied at the waist, and his pants were loose. He glanced over his shoulder. "Who wants to go first?"

Talith and Quincy shared a look, they stepped aside to give view to Jahen. Jahen smiled at Ivan as he walked forward passed his father.

Ivan noticed something familiar in the boys features. His suspicion was confirmed when the boy bowed, and introduced himself. "I am Jahen, Crown Prince to the Trixian Empire. Brother to Uri." He smiled, his brown eyes were warm. "I've always wanted to try out my fighting skills against someone other than my uncles."

"You wish me to fight your son?" Ivan turned a questioning gaze to the Emperor. "Is he not to young, to be putting his life on the line?"

Aine stared at him blankly for a beat, before he started laughing. "Haha, I don't believe you should be worried over my son's capabilities." He laid a fond hand on his son's shoulders. "Jahen is a very solid boy." He looked down at him, "Aren't you son?"

Jahen gave a sharp nod, grinning. "Sure am."

Ivan truly didn't wish to fight against his loves younger brother, but if this was the price he had to pay he would do so.

He walked forward so he stood in the center of the small stadium. Taking a deep breath he took his stance, and nodded. "Then come."

Jahen walked forward, his smile turned dark while his eyes sharpened. Ivan could feel the same aura that Uri gave off when she was always spoiling for a fight.

Jahen cracked his knuckles, and before Ivan could blink the boy was gone. His sixth sense tingled to his right, swiftly he rolled to the side. The ground flew up, and dust hung in the air before it cleared. Jahen lifted his hand, and annoyed look on his face.

"I missed, tsk." He frowned at Ivan liked it was his fault. "I won't again."

**

Urianna sat stiff in her chair was she watched her brother come to blows with Ivan. She knew both were capable; her fear wasn't in them fighting. Her fear was in how many times they would fight.

The timer went off, and soon Jahen was called to stop her frowned at her father. Before with a huff he walked away from Ivan, his aurar deeming. Soon her uncle-in-law took center stage. Talith was the general of the Tixian forces.

His solaria was more of a cold and type, she stopped breathing when they clashed. Ivan soon fell behind in throwing blows back and forth. Before she realized it she'd stood, and screamed when Talith sent a sharp kick to his chest causing him to skin back.

He stopped short of the wall, only to cough out blood onto the floor.

Regaining his feet, Ivan wobbled his powerful form was wobbled.

Uri felt a hand cover hers, turning her eyes to her mothers face. She wordlessly looked down at their hands, before she turned her attention back to the fight scene below.

The buzzer went off, cueing her cousin Quncy he prowled onto the stage. Tightening the wrapping around his hands. Quncy was well known for his pugilist ways, and his love of boxing was legendary.

"Please, Ivan...just stop." She silently begged as she stepped forward, and weakly lifted his arms.

As if on cue, her uncle sent a straight to his face, snapping his head sideway. Ivan returned the blow, and the men remained in the center throwing blows to one another. Until once again the buzzer went off, she couldn't help not noticing that Quincy hadn't used his solaria.

He spat blood onto the stage, and walked away his expression disgruntled. He slapped a hand on her father's shoulder before he exited the stadium.

The crowd were shouting in glee, and the smell of hot bodies, and popcorn filled the air. Her father had truly created a show for the Trixian Royalty.

He stepped onto the floor Urianna covered her lips trying to keep her gasp of horror behind her lips.

Her father hadn't used his Solaria in a very longtime, her mother's fingers tensed under her hand.

Jess lips barely moved, "He wouldn't...?"

Her mother sounded bewildered and desperate all at the same time.

Her father was tall, and broad who was known for his intimidating air. He was a man that not many would wish to defy. And as she watched him pull off his robes she could feel as everyone else did the slow level of bloodlust that filled the arena.

While Ivan struggled to stand, and wiped blood from his forehead.

She swallowed her hands clenching onto the bar.

**

Ivan struggled to stand, he hadn't underestimated the ability of the Trixian men. They each were capable of killing him, yet each time aside from the young Jahen was sure they'd held back.

Yet, as he watched the emperor step on to the stage. His body broad, with scars covering his chest and lower abdomen. Ivan knew a body hardened by fighting, when he saw one.

Straightening he refused to wilt underneath the man's hard stare.

"I greet you Emperor." He said jerking his head down in a small nod of respect.

The emperor let out a chuckle rolling his wrist, he tilted his head a dark grin covering his face. "I am surprised you're still interested in being formal at this time."

With that he rolled his neck and flew at Ivan. Who let out a sharp grunt of pain when a fist connected with his stomach, as if being pulled by a rope from behind he flew back. His body rolled across the stage coming to a stop when he hit the wall.

Aine cracked his neck, and smirked at him. "I would be more concerned with keeping myself alive." Slowly he crouched, stretching out his legs and lifting his arm. "Shall we begin?"