Chapter 38

The next few days Uri and Ivan slowly spent their time growing closer. Currently they had moved outside to a hill that sat behind the palace. Ivan had grown restless from being in his room for over week. The sun rays beat down from above, but the gently blowing wind encouraged them to stay outside.

Ivan, was currently play wrestling with the giggling Milo, and Quiet Enyo whose grubby hands would reach forward and pulled at Ivan's Shirt. Ivan's hearty laughter melded perfectly with their sons high pitched squeals.

Uri currently held Andri in her lap, as the little girl watched her brothers play with her father. Andri seemed the weariest of Ivan, the little girl would simply stare at him when he reached out for her, and push her back against Uris chest to escape him. Yet she'd notice her daughter liked to offed him food.

Eventually, Ivan sighed, letting the heavy Milo lay on his heaving chest, and Enyo cuddled into his side. The three of them, simply breathing and letting the wind brush through their hair.

Whispering some loving words into Andri's ear, Uri stared at them. A pang caused her heart to ache, they looked so right together. She tightened her arms around Andri. She turned her gaze out towards the distance. The smell of grass, and earth filled her with a sudden desire for this moment to last forever.

With that wish, came a sudden peace she turned her attention back to Ivan, she found his red eyes focused on her. Startled, she blinked. "Yes?" She lifted a hand and brushed hair from her blocking her sight.

He shook his head, and reached a sun tanned hand out towards her. She laid her hand in his, "Nothing."

Uri smiled at him, before she said the words she wished she could've simply said before everything had happened. "Let's go home."

He seemed confused for a moment, before he jerked up only to have to comfort Milo who cried out in surprise. Jerking his eyes from the whiny child to Uri's calm expression he said hoarsely, "Are you sure?"

Uri nodded, turning her eyes back to the distance where the land seemed to go on forever, "I suddenly realized that this isn't my home anymore." She turned her eyes back to him, a tender smile coming to her lips. "My home is wherever you are, and our family is."

Ivan would have pulled her close, and laid his lips against hers but since he had Milo and Enyo, he could only tighten his hold on her hand, and nod his head.

The two sharing an understanding that reached deeper than the soul.

**

The ship was being packed with all of her belongings, Uri watched it all from the port. She laid hand on the iron necklace her mother had given her so many years ago. Her children where with their nanny in the nursery of the ship.

"Are you ready?" Her mother words drew her attention away from her reminiscing of the past. She turned to fully face her and nodded, she'd been forced to put on the fancy robes that the Keehan royal family were known for. She hadn't realized their returning would mean taking the Keehan Kingdom back from Tai-Fai. Ivan had caught her up on the latest after she'd told him her choice of leaving with him.

Nodding, Uri blue eyes twinkled with humor, "Sure am," She pointed her thumb at Smanson and Veronica who were currently arguing. "Those two have been arguing non-stop since I told them."

Her mother cast the two an amused look, "Well Smanson isn't used to Veronica ignoring him as she's been doing." Her mother faced her, her brows coming together in worry. "Will you be all right, I heard Ivan is basically invading his own kingdom."

Uri's smiled turned malicious, "I don't think it will be too much of a problem."

Her mother observed her silently for a moment, before she nodded her head with understanding.

"You are so much like your father." She stepped forward and fiddled with Uri's collar, and brushed a hand through her hair straightening the curling coils of red hair, "When you were baby, you were always following him, and sleeping at his feet." Her brown eyes shined with unshed tears, "I'm going to miss you baby."

Uri sniffled, leaning forward she wrapped her arms around her mother's shoulder, and whispered. "I will miss you to."

Her mother nodded, tightening her hold before she pulled back and giving Uri one more once over she nodded pressing her lips together she walked away.

Uri watched her mother walk over to her father. The emperor stiff posture hadn't relaxed since she'd told him she was leaving. He wrapped his arm around her mother, and pulled her closer brushing his lips over her forehead.

A hand captured hers, the callused hand was so familiar that she didn't need to guess who it was. Ivan pressed his lips against her cheek. He pressed them again to her forehead, "It is time, love."

Uri leaned into him, her heart ached looking at her parents, and her siblings her had come to their side.

"This won't be the last time we see each other, right?" She couldn't help asking, and more to assure herself she wasn't leaving her family forever.

Ivan smiled against her cheek, he pulled back placing a finger under her chin he forced her blue eyes to meet his calm red pools mixed with silver. "We will visit often. Love, do not worry."

She stared into his eyes, before she slowly smiled and nodded, tightening her hold of his hand she let him lead her towards the steps and towards her future.

The only time the two paused, was when they heard Veronica let out a curse, and a crack when she punched Smanson in the face.

Uri cast them an amused look, and winced when she saw the blood leave his nose. After that small interruption they continued onto the ship.