Chapter 24

"Ce-fu-jin, are you going to the cafeteria?"

Shelby nodded to Patricia who'd caught up to her in the hallway.

"I really have a craving for some Apple Peking." Shelby said, "But I swear it's like the lunch ladies are purposely giving me green things only to eat."

Patricia laughed, "That's hard considering we make our own selections."

Shelby frowned, "Still." She shrugged, "Are you going to the study hall?"

Patricia shook her head, giving her a curios look. "Everyone's has been allowed to go to the city, to get fitted for robes for the ball in two weeks."

Shelby nodded, "Oh."

Patricia seeing her down look, quickly apologized. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything."

Shelby shook her head, "No. No, it's alright." She smiled sadly, "I'm going to have get used to Ivan having more than one women."

Patricia frowned, "That is true, Keehan emperors have always had at least five consorts."

"Is that so?" Shelby was glad she managed to sound dismissive, and not bitter.

Patricia nodded, "It's to insure that someone actually survives all the assassination attempts."

"Hah-ha, are they that hated? She asked, while picking up trey.

"Sure are." Patricia said, while grabbing a handful blue strawberries. "Their rule came after they supposedly slaughtered the previous family, and not everyone likes who the King treats the other members of the Dahlia Alliance."

Picking up a piece of fish, Shelby felt her mouth water as the smell of it and bay-leaves hit her nose. "So that's why that terrorist group poisoned the women on so many planets, dropping the female population?"

Patricia nodded, as she waited for Shelby to finish gathering her food. "Yeah," She glanced at the entrance to the cafeteria, "They're pretty much enemy number one of all the sectors and the Alliance."

Shelby made a low humming sound, hearing a lot voices talking. She looked up from the meat selections. Seeing the commotion at the entrance she frowned, until she saw the same girl from the last night walk in behind Ivan. Her innocently blonde beauty, in a white version of uniform complimented Ivan's harsher beauty.

Seeing them she waited for Ivan to stop in front of her. She mentally prepared herself to greet him, and...the girl. But instead of stopping in front of her he walked passed her. As if in slow motion she watched as he continued passed her and walked across the cafeteria to the Keehan family private room.

Her hands tightened their hold on the trey, her eyes open saw nothing but the ground.

Those who'd been following him, had sent her confused looks and muttered amongst themselves.

Patricia looked from Ivans back, to her expression. Awkward she reached to comfort Shelby, only for Shelby to suddenly lift her head and smile at her. "Do want to eat hear, or do you want to eat outside?"

Taken aback, Patricia said, "O-outside."

"Good."

Before she could say anything else, Shelby had already started walking outside a cheerful bounce to her step.

**

"Hah!"

"Ugh!"

Shelby body met Ivan's as they both reach climax, she laid down on the bed her chest heaving. While Ivan pulled himself from her, and leaving the bed walked into the shower.