Chapter 30

1 week later

Veron hid behind a large cart carrying bushels of hay, as he watched people come and go from a wooden building across the dirty rode. Lifting his screen, he spoke quietly. "I think I've found the building that we've been looking for."

Smanson tired voice came from the speaker, "Oh finally~I thought we'd never find it, and with the Emperor breathing down our necks. I was starting to think offing myself would be the best solution to reducing my stress."

Rolling his eyes, as Smanson's whining. Veron cut in, "Apparently anyone is welcomed to go inside and get a drink, so I'll go in and check the atmosphere, and once I get a ping on Uri I'll signal for you to come in."

"Roger that."

Putting his screen back into his side holder, Veron lowered the heavy hood blocking the view of his face and made his way towards the inn.

Pushing the doors open, he winced at the smell of smoke, sweat and well something else he couldn't describe.

Walking inside, he headed for the table furthest in the back. His low he observed the crowd, everyone person seemed like him focused on their own business. He was taken aback at how many people sent his danger radar off. His solaria was on the defense flinching anytime someone in the crowd made a move.

"What would be having sir?'

Veron jerked his eyes away from a seedy group on the other side of the room, only to have his eyes collide with a great sized chest. Narrowing his eyes, he raised them higher meeting suspiciously narrowed blue ones.

"Is there something you wish to have, sir?" The waitress tone was annoyed, and she crossed her arms raising her naturally gained benefits higher.

"Ah, Yes I'll take a pint of ale."

"Ale?" she repeated giving him a once over, before she turned and walked off.

Veron sighed, he wasn't cut out for reconnaissance, but smanson wasn't either.

"How long are you going to sit here?"

A kind voice spoke from behind him, Veron turned his head coming face to face with a tall broad man, whose green hair made him wince.

"I'm sorry."

The male leaned forward, "You've been casing this place for a few hours," He placed a hand on the table in front of Veron, "You might as well tell me what it is your looking for."

Frowning in deep thought, Veron wandered when he'd be able to live a peacfuly life. "I don't think I am," Grabbing the pint that the annoyed waitress had slapped down, Veron lifted it and splashed the contents in the green giant face. Spinning his kicked out, knocking the giant on his behind.

Standing, he quickly pulled off his cloak revealing black cargos stuffed into combat boots and a leather black short jacket with a black T-shirt underneath. Brushing hadn through his hair, he waited for the green giant to stand.

"Actually it would be better if you provided with some answers."

The giant, smirked pulling a long thin sword from his back sheeth. "You'll have to work for them."

"I plan on it." Veron lifted his black gloved covered hands, smirking. "I just hope you don't die in the process."

He dodged as soon, as the green giant whipped the sword towards. Throwing out two jabs to the giants center, he dodged again when the giant tried to bash his brains in with the hilt.

Back flipping he landed on the table behind him, "Well, you're not terrible."

"Thanks," The giant lunged forward again, this time catching Veron by surprise kicking up the table. Flipping back Veron landed on the floor having to drop when the sword aimed for his neck, rushing forward he pulled out a short sword and aimed for the giant's center.

"VERON!"

"RAYAN!"

Hearing a familiar voice Veron froze, turning his gaze towards the stairs he saw Urianna being held up by a male he didn't recognize.

Standing, Veron put his short sword in the sheethe that was hidden against his lower back. Walking quickly over to Urianna he pulled her from the man arms and holding walked over to another table sitting her down.

Those who'd been cheering and watching fight, grumbled as it had ended before getting good and returned to their respective table.

His hands moved over Urianna, barely beating his eyes in speed. "Uri, Thank god! Are you okay?"

**

Uri laughed at his worrying she covered his hand with her own, "Yes-yes, I am." She looked into his dark black eyes. "I didn't think anyone knew where I was."

"We didn't but your uncle intercepted communications between Vatican and Tai-fai and we managed to act on it fast enough to track you."

"Ah," She lowered her head, "So it was her."

"You had suspicions?"

She nodded, looking up her eyes roved over the inn, "Where's Smanson?"

Realization dawned in Verons eyes, before he suddenly stood and went over to his cloak he'd tossed on the floor. Picking it up, he pulled a screen out of his pocket and pressed three keys.

"I hadn't signaled his entrance yet," He spoke distractedly. Setting his coat to the side, he knelt in front of her again, "Your fathers here to, he'll follow he coordinates and arrive in ten minutes."

"Dad?"

"URI!"

A loud voice shouted, before with a flash of blonde hairUri found herself pulled up into a big bear hug. Her face being covered in thousands of kisses, 'Ha-ha, Smanson stop!"

He frowned down at Uri as he set her back down, "It's been a year and some change and you don't won't my welcome kiss?"

Slapping his shoulder, Uri laughed stumbling back she allowed Arrin to stable her. "You obviously haven't changed."

He shook his head, narrowing his blue eyes, "Of course not! I couldn't change too much, or you wouldn't be able to recognize me."

"I would always be able to recognize one of my closest friend." Her expression became serious, "Is my dad with you?"

Smanson could see visibly Urianne's fear and anxiety at the idea of meeting her father. Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, his grin gentled into a smile, "Your father he's doesn't blame you for anything."

Urianne felt a chill run down her back, lowering her eyes she swallowed. After a minute, she swallowed, Lifting her wattery eyes to meet Smansons gaze, "I don't like how easily you voice my thoughts...or answer them."

He chuckled, "Well then it seems we are at an impasse in our friendship."

She was about to respond when the door to the guild opened, and with it came the familiar smell she knew all the well.

"Dad?"

Aine stood in the doorway, pulling down his hood. She could see where he'd aged just a little bit the corners of his eyes crinkled.

She struggled to move forward, Arrin helped her.

Aine rushed forward and pulled her into my arms. "I'm here baby girl. I'm here."

Urianne wrapped her arms around him, and squeezed. Tears slowly falling from his eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED...