Chapter 33

Author: Great scott I'm back and I'm so ready for the new year, let go ppl!!

Slowly Uri was pulled out on to the dance floor, other dancers were getting in place. She barely noticed movement of the others in the room. Her eyes were completely capture by the silver one's in front of her. Despite the tan, black hair and a absents of red in his eyes she knew she was looking at Ivan.

"How-?" She could barely speak, dropping her gaze from his she looked down at the floor. Trying to reign in the wave of emotions, fear, excitement, anger and surprisingly love.

Ivan silently watched as Shelby gathered her faculties he'd seen the shock and disbelief. Hearing the orchestra start to playing. He lifted his hand out for her to take. Seeing his hand she jerked her eye up to his, he couldn't help but find himself caught by her blue orbs. Blinking he tried to shake himself out of it.

Quickly he took her hand, and spun her out following of the other dancers around him.

"Why are you here," She hesitated, "Ivan, why have you come?"

Keeping his eyes above her head, he answered tersely, "I wanted to see if it was true."

Her brow furrowed, "To see if what was true?"

He met her gaze, "If it was true you weren't dead."

"Dead?!" Uri gasped slightly realizing how loud she'd been, avoiding the gazes of the curios dances who passed them she whispered, "Well how do you like those apples," She glared up at him, "So, what? You now can see that I'm alive and well with my family. And if you hadn't noticed you can't just come and go as you wish here."

He didn't speak for minute, the silence grew. And as it grew Uri found herself growing impatient. Luckily he finally spoke, "I-I have no wish to take you from those you love, but-."

Uri, felt his hold on her tighten, "I do not wish to leave you here." His eyes met her wavering ones, "The surety of your love for me is unclear, but I am sure that there is no other for me among the sectors."

Uri's eyes widened, as the music crescendoed, Ivan leaned forward his eyes not closing his lips meeting hers.

Dancers floated around them, the feeling of warmth suffused her body. Her eyes watered, before they over flowed the pain she'd been carrying receding into an ache. He drew back, reaching into his shirt he pulled out her mother's necklace, she answered his silent question and did the same with his.

"You said you are unsure of my love," She whispered, her eyes still on her hands, "I thought it was all too clear," She met his gaze, "So painfully clear." She smiled, through the happy tears.

"GET HIM!"

With a sudden shout, panic ensued. Uri distracted jerked her eyes up, to see guards running towards them. Panicking, she grabbed Ivans arms. "You have to leave!"

She took his hand, and moved to run but he wouldn't move. Turning around she stared at him confused, "Ivan?"

He slowly shook his head, his disguise melting away. Slowly the short blacks turned silver, and his silver eyes started to turn redder. "I will not run, or hide."

"Ivan," She pleaded her eyes jerking form the guards who were slowly surrounding the, "Don't do this," She shook her head, grabbing both his hands, "Run, please if you don't they could kill you."

Still he wouldn't move, releasing her hand he placed it on her cheek, "It is right that I pay for my crimes."

Horror dawned, Uri's eyes widened, "No,nononono." Frantically she blocked those who were let into the center of the ring of soldiers. "Stop!"