Chapter 32

One Year Later

The twins played with the triplets Celios, grabbed up the heavy Milo, who wouldn't release the cookie in his little hands.

Celios grunted, "God! This one's going to be a fatty." He yelped when he felt a hand slap the back of his head. "owe!"

Cayla glared at him, she had Andri on her own hip. "Don't say that! What if he really does?"

Walking behind the two of them, with the oldest Enyo on his shoulders Jahen frowned down at the two who were arguing. "You two stop it, we have to hurry or mom and Uri will think we got lost again."

The two grumbled as they followed their older brother into the mansion.

Urianna watched them enter the house from the upstairs window, shaking her head in amusement she turned and faced her mom who was currently mixing greens in a bowl.

"Their coming, I don't why they can't ever come and go peacefully?" she remarked as she took a seat at the island table. "I would pay money to have them not argue for five minutes."

Her mother chuckled, setting the bowl of mixed greens aside, "I would to, but you know Cayla and Celios missed you, and seem happy to have the triplets to play with."

Uri rolled her eyes in relief, "Thank god. Their help makes it easier and well now I know being a princess has it perks."

"It didn't before?" Her mother asked, walking over to the oven.

"Well having a whole staff of servants and helpers does make taking care of triplet's way easier." Urianna said humor in her voice.

Pulling out the salmon from the oven, her mother placed the pan on the island and turned it over. Reaching over for seasoning, her mother tapped the edge against the corner to loosen it.

"That is true," Dusting some of the seasoning on the salmon, Jessie looked over at her daughter. "Are you going tonight?"

Uri grabbed a leaf out of the bow mix and chewed it, "I wasn't planning on it."

"Uri, you have to come out at one of the balls you can't stay hidden here." Her mother chided, "You have to come to the ball tonight, it's the final sealing of agreement between our planet and the other sectors."

Uri sighed, her eyes becoming dark with thought. She didn't want to go, she didn't want to pretend to be amused, or spend the night fake smiling. She was reluctant to see her father. She hadn't been unaware of his eagerness to have marry someone.

He'd waited a month, before he started introducing to young-men he felt matched her. To escape from his attempt at matchmaking she'd moved out to the south to mansion her mother's family used often for reunions.

Her brothers and sister had followed her, and she'd enjoyed the months raising her children and seeing her family.

"I don't want to forget him." She said quietly, "I know. Trust me I know that I'm acting crazy, but mom I don't-can't hate him." She chuckled humorlessly, "I know how pathetic and stupid it sounds but my heart won't let go."

Her mother eyes became sad, she pulled off her mittens and reaching across the table laying a comforting hand over her daughters. "Uriana I'm not telling you to forget him. I'm telling you to go out, enjoy some music visit with your cousins." Seeing Uri's was about to add something, she cut her off, "Your older, Alien cousins."

Letting a sigh, Urianna gave up protesting, "Fine," she stood moving away from the island and standing, "Fine, I'll go but only to this one."

Her mother smiled, obviously pleased. "Good, your dress is picked out and sitting upstairs."