Chapter 29

Her eyes were bright blue, but were flooded with bloodlust. Her red hair surrounded her head like a cloud. Her white gown left little to the imagination as light was spilling in behind her.

Her blue eyes narrowed, when Rayan let out whistle. "Well, you sure know how to pick them."

Before Arrin could stop him, Rayan cracked his knuckles and rushed forward.

The woman surprisingly reacted quickly by spinning the doctor from her, and slamming him into Arrin.

Rayan pushed the doctor aside, and went to grab her, she side stepped him and lowering herself sent her elbow in his side. Rayan cried out, and turned around and grabbed her by the collar only for to spend and grab his arm twisting it. She pushed down on his shoulder, Arrin rushed forward to help.

Only her to twist Rayans arm backwards and kick out catching Arrin in the chest. Letting go of Rayans arm she grabbed the chair, and raised it, Arrin luckily raised his arm to block it.

Trying not harm to women, he striked for her shoulder but she backed away only to end up in Rayans hold.

She cried out struggling against him, Arrin stood. "We're not trying to hurt you."

"And I'm supposed to believe that." Her voice was low, her head lowered.

Rayan and Arrin shared a look, "Well it seems your stray Vedra actually speaks our tongue."

Rayan chuckled.

Arrin frowned at him, both them froze when their captive chuckled. A sudden wave of energy escaping from her, Rayan eyes widened when she jumped forcing him to bend back.

Groaning, Rayan had to let go, scrambling back he stop near Arrins side.

She stood on the bed, her shoulder relaxed her smile sinister.

She lowered herself. Arrin and Rayan tensed.

Arrin froze when he saw the blood on her leg. It seemed when he noticed the women noticed also, her sinister smile drop. Her knees collapsed she winced while crossing her arms over her stomach.

She moaned in pain, Arrin quickly rushed forward his hand landing on her shoulder. She gasped in pain, she grabbed him by the collar forcing his ears close to her lips. "P-please. My baby, s-save please."

"Rayan!"

His friend jerked his eyes up, and nodded ran outside of the room and grabbed to cowering doctor.

"C'mon! Our patient needs you."

He shoved the whimpering and cowering doctor back into the room.

**

Uri watched as the doctor wiped his hands on the cloth on the table. Her body felt heavy, she should have known turing on her solaria would cause an issue.

She watched as the doctor stood and went to talk to the two men she'd been so close to annihilating. It had to be ironic the she was currently the in the very environment she's enjoyed so much on Nyol.

The wooden interior and lit candle on the table, it screamed medieval planet.

Silently she pretended not to hear someone enter and shut the door.

The same person pulled a chair from the desk, and sat it near the bed.

"How are you feeling?" The voice was heavy, and husky.

She looked at the male, his brown eyes had flicks of gold in them, it felt like forever since she'd seen tanned skin aside from hers.

His brown hair was short and shaggy aside from one braid that had a ring at the end. He smiled.

"My baby, how is it?" Her heart clenched I weariness when the male frowned. "Tell me, even if it's bad."

He swallowed, and faced her boldly, "You almost miscarried, but if you remain off you feet for three weeks your body should recover, but..."

She narrowed her eyes on him, "But."

"If you're planning to leave our planet, you can't. You cannot leave till the children are born, your body won't be able to handle space travel. If you were to leave, your body would suffer and you'd lose the babies."

"ah." So Patricia had gotten her way, Urianna swallowed against the pain in her chest. "I have to stay here then.'

He nodded, not moving from his spot after offering her sad news.

Urianna looked at him, "You, what's your name?"

He looked up confused, before realization dawned in his eyes, "Ah, Arrin, my name is Arrin."

She nodded, slowly lifting herself up. He quickly reached forward and helped her sit up, "I-I have no choice but to stay here, and-I don't know anything about this place."

She pointed at the brown box, "That's a hard metal container it carries my valuables can you bring it here."

Arrin nodded, finished putting a pillow behind her back. He reached over and handed it to her.

She thanked him, before tapping the sides in different patterns. Arrin jerked back when it flashed, his eyes widened when on her lap where the cub had been was several jewels of different shapes and sizes. "My father gave me this box incase anything happened and I need money fast."

She picked up a large pearl, and held it out towards Arrin, "Will you watch over me for these few weeks," Her lashes flickered, "I-I don't have anyone else who can help me."

**

Arrin stared down at the large pearl, this Verda was hiring him with something so valuable, he'd be able to get closer to his dream. But he wondered what background this Verda had to be carrying so many valuables as well technology. That was only allowed to those who were in the top tier of society on the planet.

"Your name?"

She lifted her head, her eyes sparkling from unshed tears, "Uri-Urianna."

She probably didn't anything about this planet, so didn't know the ring in his hair designated him apart of an assassin guild and offering money under the table was considered illegal contracting.

He laid a hand over the pearl, "Your free to stay here as long as you want," Seeing her confusion he smiled, "This is the guild I work for, and these are my apartments, so if you wish to stay here you can."

"But-."

He cut her off by standing, "Rest, I'll be back in a few minutes."

Quickly leaving the room, he shut the door behind him.

"So," Rayan said from where he leaned against the wall across from the room, "Your rooming the Verda?"

Arrin nodded, his eyes darkening, "It's best that she stays here, and under my watch then getting caught by the empire."

Pushing off the wall, Rayan laid a hand on the hilt of his sword. "Be that as it may, she is obviously dangerous, you're going to have to keep an eye on here.'

Arrin nodded, he had felt the same bloodlust as Rayan, and it had been clear that the Verda women could control it at will. But, it was a risk he'd have to take if he wanted to have any luck in finding someone to hitch a ride with into space.

He let his fingers touch the ring, if he wanted to find a way to get his sister. The Verda had to be of use.