Chapter 34

Author: As I get closer and closer to the end of this story. I hope everyone enjoys it, as well as checks out my newer stories that seem to be flooding my page.

Sitting in the window of her, Uri let her leg hang out as she watched the clouds float pass the full moon. Her heart aching from her worry of Ivan, who she knew was in a cell in the barrack's of the palace.

She didn't turn her head when the door to her room opened. She could smell the familiar scent of cinnamon.

"Uri?" Her mother called her name, but she didn't move an inch from the window. Her mother frowned, closing the door behind her. "What are you doing?'

Uri sighed realizing she could only be quiet so long, turning around she brought her leg over the window. "I was thinking on how many ways my family plans to murder Ivan." She hopped down, landing smoothly, Her red her hair loose. "I got up thirty before you entered."

"You are being ridiculous," Jessie said setting the trey of a sandwich and strawberries on the coffee table that sat in the center of the room. "Your father merely wants to test him.'

"Are you sure?" Uri asked walking over to where her mother stood. Her blue eyes were dark, "He's not Dain, or my father, but acting as the Emperor of our people."

Her mother let out a weary sigh taking a seat, "Eat something at least." She rubbed her hands against her knees, "We have Cayla and Celios are coming bringing the babes, aren't you going to talk to your father at all before the fest?"

Uri shook her head, her face becoming mulish, "If he wants to do this he can, but I'll choose whether I'll talk to him again after it." She faced her mother, her eyes hard. "I meant it mom if something happens to Ivan I will denounce my name." With that she stood and picked the plate of foot, and walked over to the window.

"And tell my guards that they can't come in."

Jessie sighed as her daughter returned to staring out the window. Standing she left the room, closing the door she met the gazes of Smanson and Veronica. Silently she shook head, and walked away. Smanson and Veronica sighed, before they followed her away from Uri's room.

Uri finished her plate of food, she felt refresh staring out of the window she stared at the still lake outside of her window. Standing she felt her solaria swirl around her, the colors catching the light looked like wisps of silver light.

Closing her eyes she dived out of her window, her body smoothly cutting into the water. Swimming she came the shore, running up it she smirked up at her window. 10-foot drop, her father should have locked her into an actually prison.

Turning away she ran in a T-shirt and shorts towards the barracks where the prisoners were held.

**

Ivan was currently meditating when he heard the creak of the prison door open, slowly opening his eyes. He found himself watching as his ce-fu-jin walked inside she swiftly knocked out the four guards guarding the room.

Her eyes were bright with purpose, as she pulled each one out of the room. She entered shutting the door behind her, walking over to the cell she lifted a square piece of iron. With a smiled she spoke in a whisper, "I'll get you out in a jiffy."

"Uri, don't," He shook his head, standing walking over the bars he placed a hand over the one that held the key. "You can't go against your father edict."

"But you could die." Ivan had learned long ago his love couldn't hide her thoughts. Her lips trembled, while her hand tightened on the key. "I can't let you die because of nothing."