Chapter 39

They had arrived on the Asha planet with no problem, it was easier thanks to Tammis loaning them the Nyol planets identification codes.

The docking post hadn't been so easy, but the Earth and Trixian forces had easily dispatched them. The children, and civilians were told to stay on board the ship.

Ivan had wished to leave Uri with the children, but she'd quickly dashed those wishes the precious night.

"I'm not going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs while you fight." She said, her blue eyes sparkling in anger , she'd lifted herself the sheet covering her nude body falling to her waist. "Ivan, I want to fight with you."

He placed a hand over hers, his eyes serious. "If something happens, I don't want you caught in the middle of it."

"No!" She said adamantly, pulling her hand away from his. "We've gone through too much, for me to sit here when you're finally taking back your name sake. I will fight."

Eventually after more talking, and a deliciously slow ride, Ivan had finally seen Uri's perspective.

He cleared his throat, turning his gaze towards his soon-to-be Queen. She'd pulled her fiery red hair back into a pony tail, she'd gone with a simple robed outfit. He'd expected her to dress like her personal guard Veronica, who was wearing what appeared to be tight black leather one piece suit, with weapons here and there.

She turned curios eyes towards him, "yes?"

He motioned to clothes, "Are you not changing?"

She shook her head slowly, a conniving look coming to her eyes. "I wish to show the proper decorum to the Empress Regent."

He nodded, turning his attention to the Captian who motioned for them to move out.

**

The main castle battle was brief, and sadly disappointing as the soldiers with absents of their King Seia, and Crown Prince had grown lazy, and lax in their duties.

Ivan hadn't spared those who'd fought against his banner, or those who'd surrendered. The Earth Captain had attempted to stop him in his execution of the soldiers, but Veronica stopped him.

"He had only this choice." She turned disgusted eyes to beheaded bodies that littered the stone floor, "They failed in protecting the royal family."

"But-!" The captain winced, as another person was beheaded with sharp swing of Ivan's sword. "It's barbaric!"

Veronica shrugged, stepping away from him she pulled a gun from her strap and pointed towards him, he cried out when she suddenly fired. The bullet slammed into the oncoming enemies head, stopping him in his tracks. "That's war."

Turning away she ran into the fray.

Within six hours they'd broken through the inner walls, servants and palace guards were gathered and tied up. Passing through the gilded hallways, Ivan nor Uri had seen Tai-fai, or any of their royal party.

Uri left the gathering of servants to the other soldiers, and headed towards the nursery. Veronica followed close behind her, the hallway was quiet and dark. Arriving at the dark-wood door that lead into the room where the nursey lied.

She pushed the door open, she lifted her hand to block the sudden shock of sunlight that hit her face. Blinking, she lowered her hand, and stepped back allowing Veronica to step in front of her.

Tai-fai was currently seated in a rocking chair she held a boy child in her arms who was sleeping. Her hair was no longer up in it's neat and intricate coils. She hummed softly, at her feet were the bodies of four noble women every single one wore an expression of horror, blood gracing the side of their mouths. Their features pale.