Chapter 17

Author Note: Okay...Okay yeah here it is lol

Seated at a desk, Uri flipped through the heavy history book in front of her. Her finger absentmindedly making a curl, she sucked on her lower lip.

"Y-!"

"Aggh!"

Screaming, Uri whipped around barely missing Ivan's face with the paper weight. He easily side stepped her, and grabbed a hold of her wrist.

His eyes went from the paper weight shaped like a tall building, to her face. He raised a silent brow.

"Oh, shut up." Shelby snapped, jerking her hand from his. Placing it back on the table she plopped back down. "Do you always walk around so quietly?"

He shrugged, removing his jacket and tossing it on the bed. "We are trained to be light on foot."

Shelby rolled her eyes, "Light of foot? Sounds like their training ninjas and not royalty." A small smile coming to her lips.

"Ninja?" Ivan repeated.

Shelby shrugged, her eyes already returning to her book. "It's nothing important."

She gasped aloud, when her shoulder was grabbed and she was jerked around. Red-eyes stared into hers, "Tell me."

Confused at Ivan's sudden aggression, Shelby looked at him in confusion. "I-its not that interesting."

"Still," He pulled her up, forcing her to her feet and walked her over to the bed and forced her to sit. "Tell me."

Still confused, Shelby pulled her legs up and crossed them. "Well, on my planet there was this cartoon, most commonly referred to as an anime. It was called 'Naruto' my mom had some old tapes, and as kids we'd sneak into the attic and go through her box of relics."

Shelby didn't notice how her voice softened, and her eye-lids lowered as a wistful smile came to her lips.

"I would climb the steps with Smanson, and at the time Veronica. We scrounged through the boxes and found these weird disc shaped like circles. We quickly took our treasure to my grandmother who laughed at my mom when she told her what we found."

Shelby paused, realizing how much she's said. She sent a glance to Ivan, only to find herself staring into his eyes. For the first time-she realized that she had Ivan's full attention. And it had nothing to do with their bed sports.

"And?" He said, as he sat down next to her, and laid out. His arms going behind his head, "What was it?"

Shelby turned her self to face him, her expression eager, "They best thing ever. It was a story about a young boy who had no family, and was trying to become the leader of his people without support." Catching herself from grinning like an idiot, Shelby quickly tried to wrap up. "Anyway he is a trained killer, and assassin which in this country, technically Japan is called A Ninja."

There she was done, "Well, there you go."

He didn't say anything, so she decided to return to her desk only for his hand to land on hers. "I would like to hear more about your childhood."

Unsure, Shelby sent a look to her desk. "Don't worry, I will not keep you all night."

Turning back to Ivan, Shelby couldn't help but feel her heart soften. He reminded her of her brother Jahen, when he'd wanted to avoid going to bed.

Taken aback by the similarity, she found herself settling back down and telling Ivan about her child hood.

The next morning they awoke, still dressed in each other arms.