Chapter 28

Ivan stared at the body that laid on the table covered by the long white sheet. The red hair spilled over the edge.

"We didn't know when to tell you, we expected you to be done with Kuron earlier but it wasn't so."

Tai-fai's voice carried the right amount of sympathy she used her long sleeve to cover her mouth.

The large room in the lower part of the ship, was cold as it was the place that they usually stored bodies during battle to be identified later.

By now he should have been used to this cold space, as it often reflected the way the palace felt.

"How long?"

He heard himself speak, he could even feel the words leaving his mouth but he still wasn't sure if this was real.

"She was found two days after the Kuron started."

He took steps towards the dead body, "And where were her servants."

"They had been dismissed by her, she said she had something she wanted to think about."

Taking a step up the stairs Ivan placed a hand on the edge of the sheet, and slowly lifted it. She was sleeping, his Shelby wasn't dead.

"It's okay...she's probably pretending."

His words caught Tai-fais attention, her eyes widened taken aback. "Prince-she's dead."

"No!" He turned his head, "She was angry because I had to get married, but she wouldn't do this. My Shelby is strong, my ce-fu-jin isn't weak."

Turning back to the body, he lifted her up into his arms, "She's playing a trick right now she's sleeping."

Tai-fais walked forward and placed a hand on his shoulder, "She's dead, you must let go."

"NO!"

He shoved her away from him, causing the maids to rush forward and catch her.

"Ce-fu-jin is not dead!"

His faced was twisted into a mask of pain, his eyes gleamed red and filled with sorrow. Tai-fai and the others in the room back away from him, the smell of bloodlust filled the air.

He lifted the dead body into his arms, and walked slowly towards the exit. As he walked out of the room into the hallway, he wondered aloud. "Shelby, why are you so cold?"

He hands tightened, "You-you can't sleep too long," his knees felt weak, and his eyes. "You don't have to feign sleep anymore, we-I-I'll take you home." As he made his way outside into the windy and dark night, "J-just don't leave me...please Shelby, don't leave me."

The wind whistled as he walked the way towards the main conference room, carrying her dead body, with time he could how her body had stiffened from death, and she wasn't breathing, nor was her heart beating.

Ivan tears slowly left his eyes, the dark matter leaving traces on his face.

The guards didn't stop him as he entered the main building, they merely stared agogged at the body he carried.

The doors to the meeting room were closed, Ivan spoke "Open them."

The guards blinked, looking in confusion from the body to him, "W-ah, yes."

They rushed forward and pulled the door open. Ivan squinted at the bright lights, straightening he walked those in the room slowly noticed him as he walked the red carpet towards the throne his father sat on.