Chapter 8

The next few days were peaceful, Shelby snacked on grapes she'd selected from the fruit stand. Patricia sat next to her, flipping through her notes for their Quantims class. She had thought someone would approach her about the fight.

But luckily thanks to her speed, and the amount of students at Tammis it made it hard for someone to know about three new students.

"Are you going to the school gathering?" Patricia asked, pulling Shelby from her thoughts.

Shelby thought about it before she nodded, "Yeah, why not. I've been meaning to attend them, but it's taken all my attention just to pass the tests we've been having." She said sheepishly.

Patricia agreed, they shared their tired smiles, when the chimes went off signaling the end of lunch. They stood gathering their papers, "Ah."

Shelby cursed when her necklace fell and rolled across the floor into a hidden corridor. Waving Patricia on, she chased after it. Looking over the floor she hesitantly turned the corner, seeing the edge of the thong under a closed door. She sighed, and walked forward opening the door.

She found her eyes met by five people with red eyes. Gulping at the annoyance in them, she reached down and grabbed her necklace, "Sorry," She rushed out of the doorway. Only to slam into a hard chest, catching herself.

She rubbed her nose, wincing looking up she met cold red eyes, but these held flecks of grey. Her voice came out garbled, "I'm sorry, ow."

Ivan found himself staring down into watery dark greys. Usually he'd dismissed the girl, or have had her dragged away for daring to run into him. Instead he felt his blood heat once more, she lowered her hand.

He senses flared, it was the women who'd fought him. He'd been searching, but over eight thousand students, and no information it'd been hard to even narrow down the list.

She sniffled, "This is a Monday." she muttered, moving passed him she went towards the door.

Ignoring those at the door, he grabbed her arm, which forced the girl to stop. She glared at his arm, then at him, "Let go."

Deciding to be friendly, he dropped her arm. She turned fully to face him, showing her annoyance, "What is it?"

He held back from slapping her, most insolence from anyone was dealt with death. But since she'd actually manage to stay alive after fighting him, Ivan wasn't going to let his cold nature get in the way of his curiosity.

"Doesn't one usually share their name with the person they bump into?" He asked sardonically. Aware of the others behind him who were watching.

She narrowed her eyes in thought, before they brighten, "Ah, sorry I'm Shelby Davis," Putting out her hand she waited for him to take it.

He stared at her hand, unsure of what she wanted him to do.

A nasal voice spoke from behind, "How dare you ask to touch our Prince."

Talia stepped forward her eyes were narrowed in annoyance, "I've listened to this mere Viscounts daughters rudeness long enough." Seeing Shelby surprise at hearing her father's title, "I looked up your name, you're of no consequence from some unknown sector." Talia placed a hand on Ivans shoulder, "We are of the Keehan Royal family, we don't have time to entertain Galx."

"Enough, Talia." Ivan said quietly. Talia stiffened, as the others did that were still seated behind them. Ivan wasn't one to repeat himself, the last time he'd done so, he'd used his aunt's sword to run her husband threw with it.

Taia mewled, "Okay, but hurry up. We want to start laying down bets for the exams."

Shelby who'd been holding on to her temper, just barely. Sighed tiredly, checking her watch, drawing the gaze of two in front of her. "Well, since you now know my name, then..."