5

| 5. Saving the Kingdom |
Arc of Arabasta

Nezuko learned things. Vivi is a princess. Her land is in danger because of an evil warlord. Vivi is her friend. She needs to help her. So, they have to beat up a.....crocodile?

"How strong is this crocodile? How can a crocodile do something evil?" Nezuko innocently asked, earning a laugh from Ussop.

"HAHAHAHA! Crocodile is the warlord's name, Nezuko. But don't you worry, I, the brave warrior of the sea would beat up that guy to a pulp when I see him!" The guy boasted but got hit by Nami.

"You're too noisy!"

They're heading to Rainbase, where the Baroque Works' headquarters is located. They're currently still walking in the hot desert. Luffy and Ussop fighting about water in the back.

"Hey, Nezuko-chan. You have super speed, why didn't you go ahead of us?" Vivi asked the demoness.

"I can't leave my friends behind."

Even for a short time, the crew got attached to this ball of sunshine. Nezuko referring to them as friends made them feel nice.

"Shishishi! I'm glad we're friends, Nezuko. You should really join our crew!" Luffy said before running in the direction of the city.

She knew Luffy and Ussop went to buy barrels of water, but why the hell did those two come back being chased by marines?! Before she knew it, the crew scattered and she's still in the same place since the marines did not chase her, probably because they don't recognize her as a crew mate.

"Straw hat Luffy!" A tall marine shouted, tailing after Luffy with killing intent. Nezuko did not like that.

She ran after Smoker. She caught up quickly and attacked the small fry marines quietly. He was about to catch Luffy but he was stopped by a young lady. The other marines who were after the pirates are now lying unconscious.

"What are you doing to my friend?" Nezuko exclaimed, coating her sword in armament haki.

"So you're a new recruit? Get out of the way. I'm not after you." Smoker said, annoyed.

What's up with this girl? How did she launch an attack that can wipe out several people when she didn't use conquer's haki? The marine thought to himself.

"I'm sorry but I can't."

"Hinokami Kagura, 11th form, Fake Rainbow." Nezuko performed fast several twists creating several afterimages of her. Smoker got confused about which one is who, so he figured out she's a devil fruit user.

Nezuko used her fast speed to get behind Smoker while he was confused and managed to lay a blow on his back.

The marine captain felt the stinging wound and blood dripping out. It definitely surprised him because no one has ever cut him before. After all, his devil fruit is a Logia type.
He looked around, he noticed the marines looked like they were wounded using a sharp claw.

Just who is this rookie? He can feel she's holding back and she's more powerful than she looks.

"Argh. Shit." Smoker turned into smoke, not wanting to meddle with her business. He's here to catch the straw hat.