53

| 53. War begins |
Marineford

A/N: we're finally at Marineford!! *turns into a duck to kiss everyone's eyeballs*

"The son of the pirate king. Gol D. Ace!"

Sengoku's words shook the world more than how Nezuko rocked being titled as the destroyer.

Ace stayed silent. He already said earlier that his father is Whitebeard and only Whitebeard. He never intended to become a pirate king like Sengoku claims he wants to be. Instead, it's the opposite. He wants Whitebeard to be the pirate king.

His good-for-nothing father only brings him shame and hatred.

He hated the blood that runs on him.

Yet the people who love him still accepted him. To start with Garp and Whitebeard are his father's enemies.

Ace was supposed to become a pirate who will be known for power and not die because he's the flesh and blood of Gol D. Roger.

Right now he is helpless. Just hoping that someone can at least take these cuffs off him.

Dying the same way as the pirate king is a humiliation.

He'd rather die drowning in seawater.

"The son of the pirate king...." Smoker looked up to the execution platform.

Sengoku, Garp, and Tsuru are there with the notorious pirate. Garp doesn't look good. He just sat there beside Ace.

The three admiral seats are only occupied by two figures. Aokiji and Akainu. Warlords are here too.

Kizaru was said to be almost killed by someone 'powerful' and in a coma until now. Everyone wondered who the hell did it to the admiral but the government decided to shut the people who witnessed Nezuko.

There are at least several thousands of marines in different ranks staying put. They gathered all the strongest marines they can found. From devil fruit users, haki users, officers who caught at least 1,000 pirates, and many more just to at least replace Kizaru's absence.

Sengoku is only waiting for the war to start. Pirates could come any time now.

Many people are anxious and angry ever since Kizaru was defeated, demanding answers.

Sengoku found a piece of information that she has connections with Ace when he visited Arabasta. The fleet admiral also kind of expects the straw hat pirates will join the war.

The elders and Sengoku agreed that if the destroyer would not show up at Ace's execution, they'll have to capture her and kill whoever related to her.

She did the most immoral act a person can do. Hurt a creator's descendant when she had the same blood too.

Little did Sengoku know, that Nezuko doesn't carry the same blood as those disgusting celestial pieces of shit. In fact, it was way more worst.

The blood of the demon king.

If Muzan was here and he can withstand the sun, he'll take over the world. He can easily inject his blood into the strongest people here and make them his servants.

Ace and Nezuko don't deserve to live. Their existence is a sin.

"Fleet admiral! We lost control! The gate is opening on its own!" A marine informed Sengoku.

Not far from them, small ship-shaped figures started to appear one by one. As time pass by, the figures got more closer and larger.

A grand fleet of pirates sailing inside the Marineford bay.

"Here they come! Everyone, battle stations!"

Hundreds of pirate ships full of notorious infamous pirates with large bounties. All of them just came to save Ace.

"They're coming too fast. Where's Whitebeard?" Sengoku hurriedly used a telescope to look at the pirate fleet.

The emperor should be here somewhere.

In the center of the bay, bubbles started to form.

A large figure started to surface.

Sengoku was too late to realize that Whitebeard had his ship coated to sneak in underwater.

"Here comes Moby Dick!"

Whitebeard's infamous Moby Dick appeared before them as well as the whole crew. The other two smaller ships popped out as well.

"I can't believe we let them this close." Sengoku gripped the telescope he was holding hard.

Ace can't believe they all came here for him. He is a person who's not supposed to be born in the first place.

The sound of Whitebeard's cleaving blade echoed the whole marine headquarters. The large body of the pirate emperor climbed Moby Dick's stairs.

"O-oyaji...." Ace whispered to himself.

Garp sighed beside him. Garp knows Ace hates his bloodline. But he doesn't realize some people wanted him alive and kicking. People loved Ace.

"Oi, Sengoku! Ya better make sure my son is alright!"