56

| 56. distribute the order |
Marineford

"GO BACK, LUFFY! IT'S A DISGRACE TO BE SAVED BY A WEAKLING LIKE YOU!"

Luffy ignored Ace's mean rants. He knows Ace doesn't mean it. Ace wants to be rescued but he's being crushed by guilt because people are dying for him. 

Making his way to his brother wasn't easy. Luffy is often targeted by strong marines and it would take a while to defeat them. Good thing Jimbei and the others were there to take care of most of them.

There are two people he doesn't wish to fight. Garp and Inosuke probably feel the same as Luffy but if he has to fight them just to save Ace, he would. 

From there, Luffy could see the ice floor smeared with bright red blood. The small familiar figure of Inosuke is becoming clearer as he go nearer. The boar man is soaked in blood but continued fighting.

Smoker noticed that Luffy is coming closer to the bay. He knew he has to do something about it. But someone is already there to stop what he's planning to do. 

Sabo managed to knock down marine soldiers without being noticed. He almost shed a tear, seeing Luffy once again. But he resisted the urge to go there and pull him into a hug. Ace's life is in danger, and it hurts him so much to see his brother kneeling on the platform looking so desperate and depressed.

They could cry and hug later. After they save Ace.

But Inosuke is so much of a threat. The guy took Marco's kick but still stood up and continued to kill the pirates. Most of the ice ground is tainted in blood and guts. You don't wanna imagine.

The masked brother of theirs was known for his violent personality. Having a pretty face is prone to harassment, but he straight up cut every harasser into two with just wooden swords. He always claims to be the strongest since he's older. Making Sabo, Ace, and Luffy competitive as well. 

But Inosuke is slowing down the process of Ace's rescue. Though Sabo is disappointed. How can Garp and Inosuke can't do anything? With the two of them, they have power. 

Maybe that power wasn't enough to save the son of the pirate king.

Luffy is coming closer to the bay. Nezuko should be there somewhere too. 

How wonderful. All of his siblings are here. Sabo wonders what would be their reaction if they see him in perfect health?

Aside from Inosuke, this smoke dude is getting out of hand as well. He's carrying a sea stone staff when he's a devil fruit user himself. The guy can turn into smoke easily knocked down several pirates at once. 

"On your left~~" He whispered to some random marine guy before he broke his neck. 

Sabo grinned when Luffy is coming closer to the platform. The rubber man's company backed him up the best they can. Sabo isn't surprised Luffy bagged many strong high profile people like Ivan, Jimbei, and Crocodile onto his side. Luffy's the type of person that can turn any foe into an ally after all.

But what confuses Sabo the most is how Bartholomew Kuma is acting. Why doesn't he recognize Ivan? 

He stepped forward, wanting to go closer to Ivan who's currently fighting Kuma and Doflamingo. But before he can do that, someone towered over him. Making Sabo turn his back on that person.

"Is everything alright in there?" Smoker asked him. 

He didn't expect the marine captain to go near him. Originally, he planned the opposite. Did the smoke guy finally notice him?

Sabo pulled his hat downwards to hide his face without being suspicious then saluted right after. 

"Yeah. Unfortunately, some of our comrades got attacked by a pirate and I was too late." He said, voice slightly cracking. There was a short silence from Smoker before he responded.

"Let's try to lessen the casualties. No marine deserves to die at this war." Smoker said in a musky voice.  

More like no person deserves to die in this war. 

"You're right sir." He agreed, thinking that the guy would finally turn his back. 

"Tsk. The straw hat is coming closer." The captain muttered, making Sabo lift his head up.

Smoker attempted to turn into smoke.

Hell nah. This dude carries a sea stone weapon. If he hits Luffy with that, Ace's rescue will be slowed down even more!

"Just a second, captain." Sabo placed his gloved hand to Smoker's shoulder and gripped it. His haki prevented Smoker from turning into smoke.

Smoker noticed the change of atmosphere between him and the petty officer. Or was he really an officer in the first place?

Sabo removed his marine cap and met Smoker's pupils. He grinned menacingly.

Smoker's brows met together. "You're the revolutionary—"

"Indeed I am."

"Gah. I can smell the stench of blood from here." Sengoku said, loud enough for Ace and Garp to hear.

The two knows what the fleet admiral means. Inosuke and the other marines are doing a great job preventing pirates from stepping in the bay.

Sengoku's den den mushi rang. The fleet admiral answered it immediately, hoping to get a good report.

"Sengoku." There was urgency her voice.

"What's going on in there? Tsuru-chan?"

"This is getting out of hand. The revolutionary army got themselves involved with the war."

"What?! What do you mean?!" Sengoku had a hard time sinking that in.

"It's Sabo. The second commander of the revolutionaries is currently fighting against Captain Smoker and other pirates." Tsuru hurriedly said. There was an explosion in the line at it made the den den mushi produce glitching sounds.

Sengoku massaged his temple. He's confident that the marines' will win this fight, but having the revolutionaries involved is another pain in the butt. What is their connection with Ace anyway? Why are they all eager to save this guy?

"It's Ace they're coming for. Let's execute him before any of the pirates step inside the bay. Please distribute the order."