14

| 14. Err, Heart Pirates, and a Traveling Swordsman? |

The Heart Pirates are on an island located in the center of North Blue called Gondova. Their captain, Trafalgar Law is looking for a traveling swordsman. He's wanted by the government despite not being a pirate. This guy is rumored to be brutal and likes the sight of blood, earning the epithet Crimson Blade. He's known for leaving an enemy's head cut clean. But the other side of the rumors tells the opposite. They said that Crimson is a good person and saved them from danger.

He also heard that the swordsman despises the marines and people who abuse their power. Once he has his eye on something-or someone, he'll risk everything to achieve it. Apparently, Law wants to meet this infamous swordsman.

"Urghhhh. Do we really have to stay here? I mean, there's a lot of pretty ladies but still!" Sachi complained while taking a spoonful of food.

"Suck it up, Sachi. It's rare to see our captain taking interest in something." Penguin said, pointing his fork to Law.

Law just groaned. They're currently eating in a restaurant full of people. He just ate his onigiri while he wait for Bepo. After a while, the white fluffy polar bear of the Heart pirates came running, waving some sort of paper.

"Captain! I found his bounty poster!" Bepo excitedly sat down on the chair beside Law. The bear placed the poster on the table gently so that everyone can look.

Dead or Alive
CRIMSON BLADE GONPANCHIRO
B€ 25, 000, 000

Quite an impressive bounty. The picture shows a red-haired man wearing red hanafuda earrings. The picture isn't the best quality but he can tell that this swordsman is around 18-19 years old.

"He looks so young. Do you think he's related to Shanks? His hair is red."

"Gonpanchiro? Is that his name?"

"What a funny name."

"Here's your grilled fish, Bepo."

"Thanks!"

Law glanced at the poster once again. He got a lead that Crimson is going on this island. He is a mysterious man. No one knows what's his goal. If Law's luck is good, he might run into him and ask him to join Law's crew.

Suddenly the restaurant's door opened, revealing a tall man wearing a checkered haori and a white shirt. A long katana is hanging on his waist. His hair is red and tied up in a messy bun. His earrings stand out in the crowd. In both of his arms are two children who look like stray kids.

There was a pause in everybody. Everything that describes the notorious criminal describes the guy who just entered. But rather than an intimidating presence, they only felt a warm sunny vibe coming from the guy.

"Captain, is that-?"

"Yep, it's him," Law said, grinning. Looks like luck is in his side today.

-

"What do you want to eat kids? You can pick anything!" Tanjiro said, letting the kids down. It's a little girl and a little boy. He found them begging for food in some restaurant but they got kicked out by the owner. It pissed him off but he decided not to cause a ruckus.

"Really?" The little girl's eyes glimmered.

"Then can we also get food for the others?" The little boy asked.

"Yes of course!" Tanjiro smiled brightly, patting both of their heads. Completely oblivious to the people around him. He ordered what the children wants. Since he also got hungry, he treated himself to some hot soba.