41

| 41. shortcake is bacc |
Sabaody Archipelago

A/N: im finally fine now yay

"Nezuko-chan, what are you doing?" Zenitsu looked at Nezuko's grip on his arms. She suddenly stopped him when they were running.

"I don't want you to get involved. Inosuke and you have done enough already. You'll be a criminal if the government knows that two of their strongest benefactors helped a pirate like me." She said seriously.

Zenitsu's expression darkened. "It's my choice. I want to help you. It doesn't matter what will happen next."

Nezuko's brows furrowed. "No! I don't want the government coming after you! They're powerful, you know that!"

"That's making me want to go with you even more! The government is full of strong people! They'll hunt you down! You are one of the high-profile criminals in the world!" Zenitsu is pissed. Not to Nezuko, it's because she want to do it alone when he's here.

"I guess you forgot what I am, Zenitsu. I am a demon. I can burn everything I want. Sea prism stones don't work on me. I can use haki. If I get beheaded, I'll grow another head."

Zenitsu was taken aback. Of course.

Even if he tries, his help would be useless anyway.

"What do you want me to do, then? Do you want me to leave?" He said bitterly.

"Leave as soon as possible."

Zenitsu just sighed. He is pissed, but he can't yell at Nezuko. Never.

What surprised him, Nezuko suddenly pulled him into a hug.

"Please don't overthink. I just don't want to lose you three because of me. I already lost my whole family back in Taisho. You three are all I have here." Nezuko sobbed.

All the bad emotions went away. All he can do is trust the young demoness.

Zenitsu smiled and patted her head. "I'll leave the situation to you then. Good luck, Nezuko."

-

The Straw Hats are tired. Fighting a warlord took a huge amount of their stamina. They managed to beat the 'warlord' but to their surprise, he is made of mechanical parts.

They were about to escape when a tall and bulky guy landed on the ground from the branches. He dumbly introduced himself as Sentomaru. Another Bartholomew Kuma is with him.

They're told that these weapon dudes are called Pacifistas.

"We can't fight in this state! Everyone, focus on escaping!" Luffy desperately screamed.

Sentomaru can't be taken too lightly too. He's strong and he has the same abilities Nezuko has, which Luffy didn't know was haki.

Luffy's friends ran for their lives. They split up. Zoro is with Brook while carrying Ussop. A pacifista is chasing after them while shooting beams.

They're not in good shape because of exhaustion. They acquired too many injuries in their previous battle. They know very well that they can't fight another Pacifista or another strong foe.

Zoro and Brook stopped when a bright light embraced their body, causing them to fall blind for a second. Suddenly, Brook flew across the place because of an unknown beam.

Zoro dropped Ussop to the ground, gaining a loud annoyed complaint from the sniper.

"Uncle Kizaru! You're so late!" Sentomaru said, annoyed.

Kizaru scratched his eyebrows. "At least I came."

Robin heard this and the look on her face is terrified. "Kizaru? Be careful! He's an admiral!"

Zoro looked at the tall figure of a man. A guy wearing a pineapple yellow suit. Shit. If we don't escape now, we're all gonna die.

"Zoro! Ussop! Brook! Get out of there!" Luffy.

Ussop got scared and crawled back. "Z-zoro, we can't fight an admiral."

"Tsk." Zoro forced himself to stand up. His body still aching from Luffy's pain he took for himself back in Thriller Bark.

He unsheathed his Kitetsu and attempted to land a hit on Kizaru. But the man didn't even flinch a bit even though Zoro's sword is stabbed through him.

"Hmm?" Kizaru just hummed in boredom, not minding the sword pierced his body.

Kizaru lifted his hand and aimed for Zoro. Using his devil fruit, he shot a powerful light bullet enough to bring Zoro down again.

It fucking hurts. The swordsman is hardly breathing. His body already took so much damage to take another one.

"Hmm? Roronoa Zoro. I heard you're quite the swordsman but I guess not." Borsalino looked down at them.

"Zoro!" The straw hats screamed in worry.

"Stand up, Zoro! Robin! Help Zoro!"

Luffy's mind is about to explode because of the too many harsh situations he is about to experience.

He can't lose a nakama again. He once lost Merry before, he can never let it happen again.

Robin popped hands on the grass to lift and roll Zoro away from the admiral.

"Yosh! They got Zoro! Ussop, carry him! Let's go!" Nami happily said.

Ussop used the strength left in him to carry Zoro on his shoulders. He ran away with Brook.

In just half a second, the admiral is in front of them.

"You guys! Get out of there!" Sanji.

Franky just finished using the last bit of his cola to send the Pacifista away.

"Exploding star!" Ussop tried to shoot bullets at the admiral. But it just went through him.

"Why isn't it working?!"

"It's no use. I'm a logia."

The Pacifista stood back up and shoots a beam at Brook and Ussop. Leaving only Zoro again with the admiral.

Kizaru lifted his leg. His leg glowed and he looks like he was planning to kick Zoro away.

"Zoro!"

Zoro can only hear the desperate screams of his friends. He can't move his body even if he wants to.

Everything is in slow motion. They thought they were done for. The straw hats.

Suddenly, a figure kicked Kizaru's leg away. Sending the admiral buried in the mangrove tree. The impact made a huge crack in the tree.

The kick did some damage. Kizaru definitely didn't see that coming.

The straw hats could not believe what happened.

"What the?" Even Sentomaru was stunned.

There stood a female figure. Her legs are bleeding and the blood dropped to the grass started to burn.