60

| 60. Free Criminal |
Marineford

A/N: Long chapter, as promised

"Nezuko." The voice of the fleet admiral rang in every corner of Marineford.

The demoness and Luffy looked up to the platform. They can see Sengoku holding a transponder snail up there. He already announced who she is but it appears that he isn't finished yet.

"We declare Nezuko as a criminal who can be turned in by anyone. Her crimes violated the government and the celestial dragons. Therefore, anyone who can bring her in dead or alive will be awarded her bounty amount and one official government pass regardless of your identity."

For a moment there was silence. Everyone processed what the fleet admiral had just said. Nezuko on the other hand raised an eyebrow. Even without looking around, she can feel multiple pairs of eyes on her. Marines, pirates, cameras. You name it.

A person who can be turned in by anyone is a person who exceeds the expected crime rate of what you look like you're capable of. Nezuko doesn't know what the limits are, but she's hella sure that killing the celestial dragons is one of the ways to get yourself declared like that.

It means everyone is her enemy. Even Inosuke. Luffy and Sabo are the only exceptions.

Nezuko is concerned about the pirates. She doesn't know if their will to save Ace is powerful enough to overcome their desire to capture her. After all, no one knows her abilities other than the Marie Jois incident. She looks like a normal teenager. People will be coming for her head.

But one question is running around her mind. Why?

Why did the fleet admiral announce it today? It sounds so suspicious. The marines might be planning something dirty. Why else would they tell the world the news if it wouldn't benefit them?

"Nezu..."

Shit. Something snapped inside her when she realized it.

The fleet admiral did this to create a distraction so that they could execute Ace earlier than expected!

"Nezuko! Watch out!"

Luffy's voice dragged her back to reality. She can hear everything again. She quickly looked around her. She can see them. She can feel their intent on hurting her. A bunch of marines and a couple of pirates are coming for her head.

With observation haki covering the whole bay, the demoness prepared herself to fight. Those few seconds of being stunned were no good. What she learned from her fight with Kizaru was to never be distracted in a fight.

A sting kind of feeling reached out to her. It was a familiar feeling, something she was acquainted with every time. She felt something dangerous coming towards them and she was correct. Fine, thin, and sharp strings that almost can't be seen by the naked eye almost wrapped around Luffy and her body.

"Strings....?" 

Nezuko immediately grabbed the all strings barehanded and burned them before they could cut her like it was nothing at all. A normal person would've lost all their limbs by now if they did what she did.

"It's a warlord!" Luffy knows he doesn't have the time to mess with strong people right now. Looking at the tall older male grinning with pure malice, Luffy knows damn well this man can hinder his intent on saving Ace.

"Go on, Luffy-san." She said, indirectly telling him that she'll deal with him.

"Are you going to be okay?" Luffy says.