Chapter Two

My mate's name is Amelia O'Connell. 

What a beautiful name to go with a lovely face.

I can't believe I've been blessed with a mate. At the ripe age of twenty four, I almost gave up hope of finding my chosen. 

The moment Miss. Amelia O'Connell walked into my classroom was the moment I realized who she was to me. 

Her unique scent called to the animal within me. Urging him to howl to the world that at last, he had found his soul mate. That she was his and his alone.

As I sat here at my desk, my mate no more than a few feet away from me, I could feel myself itching to be closer to her. This was only natural between mates. The need to be close to one another. 

What puzzled me, however, was that she wasn't acting the same way. Surely she knew what we were. 

Watching her read over the material I've ordered my class to read, I wondered what kind of person she was. She was young. No more than eighteen. This was her last year of high school, so technically she is an adult. 

Will she accept a werewolf?

I was no alpha or beta. Just a mere teacher. My pack knew about my mate. Edward, my alpha and older brother, had given me permission to tell my mate about us. 

How would she react knowing I was a werewolf?

Will she run for the hills? That thought alone scared me so much. I mean there were times where a human mate didn't accept her chosen and that led to the wolf who was rejected to turn depressed. Which in turn led to that wolf killing herself. 

I don't want to ever experience that kind of pain. Besides silver, it's the closest thing to death. A life without a mate is a very lonely one especially since we are sociable creatures. 

She looked up. Her brown eyes met mine. For a moment, her brow frowned inward. I caught the feeling of concern wafting off her. It was at this moment I noticed the frown on my face. 

Brushing the thoughts of not being accepted, I put on a smile, nodding my head for her to continue reading. She blushed which brought a bigger smile to my face.

My mate was pretty when she felt embarrassed. She doesn't know it yet, but I adore her. 

She was kind hearted from what I gathered. Otherwise she wouldn't have allowed her neighbor to make her late to class. 

Raising from my seat, I walked around my desk to the front. "Alright class," I clasped my hand together to get their attention. "Enough reading. Let's discuss what you had just read. Who wants to be first?" 

I slowly looked from right to left, trying to spot a raised hand. Spotting Sarah's hand, I smiled. She was one of the top students in school I've learned. "Yes, Sarah, tell me what you thought about The Red Witch of Thornburg." 

"The story, to me, is an alliance between the red head witch of Thornburg." She lowered her hand. "She needed the werewolf's help to retrieve her lost magic in exchange for giving the werewolf everlasting life, which signifies the agreement between the two."

"That's one way of looking at it. Yes." A grunt near the back of the room catches my attention. "Mr. Sanders, do you have anything to add to Sarah's interpretation?"

A young male with brown skin and brown eyes looked at me. "No, Sir, I don't."

"Come on," I crossed my arms and leaned back against my desk. "I'm sure each and every one of you have your own take on the short story."

"It's a romance," my mate's voice spoke clearly over the classroom.  

Looking her way, I arched an eyebrow. "Oh? What makes you think so?"