Chapter Forty-Five

Thetford Forest was beautiful. Compared to the forest back home, this forest felt more open. The trees were thinner and the air tasted different. It was like I was in a painted scenery picture.   

Although the emperor didn't have many werewolves living in a community like back in Lucian's pack, the small pack was cute. I'm not sure many liked me or the fact that I'm a hybrid, because I'm pretty sure one or two of them were shooting glares at me when I walked past. I took a stroll right after showering. Dad had assured me that I was safe here, but I wouldn't put it past him to have followed me. Or was watching me from the window. 

I didn't go far anyway, so it didn't matter. Lucian was waiting at the front door of our temporary hotel when I approached. I jogged up to him, and he gave me a warm smile. "Hi, everyone's up?" 

"Edward decided to sleep in, but your dad is having breakfast," Lucian said. "Denzel is going into Thetford, a village not far from here. He said we can tag along, since we have time. I figured you'll want to do a little sightseeing." 

"That's perfect!" I could get the chance to get some awesome pictures and gifts for mom and Clara. 

Denzel came out the door at that moment. He wore nothing, but a pair of running shorts. The man was toned, much to my surprise. No abs at all, but you can tell he kept himself up. Raising my phone, so the camera faced him,I stared openly. Years of practice had helped honed the gift of taking pictures without looking and I have been grateful to have learned the skill. I had just snapped a picture of him when Lucian plucked the phone from my hand.

"I don't think I like you taking pictures of other males." He narrowed his eyes at the phone.

"Can you blame me? I did not think he looked like that underneath." I grabbed my phone back when he handed it to me. "Besides, it's for Clara in case I can't find a good enough gift. Eye candy keeps her happy."

"I can't help wondering if she really is a good influence on you." Lucian smirked, his eyes lit with amusement.

"We need to go," Denzel was smiling as he moved away from the front door. When he got down on his hands. "It'll be better if we run than walk. The car isn't far. It'll be a twenty minute ride from there." 

"Wait, we're running in our wolf form?" I did not bring depositable clothes because I was sure we would be running for our lives. I didn't mind losing one good outfit, but more than that was something I didn't want to do. Dad did say he would take me on a shopping spree as part of an overdo birthday gift though.

"I'll be carrying you, Amelia." Lucian placed a hand on my shoulder. "Let me go get some clothes and we can set out." 

When he disappeared inside, I asked Denzel what he was going to do about clothes and he explained that he had some in the car. He went on to explain how most strip a set of clothes to a part of their body or bury them somewhere. When Lucian returned, I turned around and waited until they shifted. I heard Denzel laughing at me though, which only made me want to blush in embarrassment. It was  still foreign to be nudists, even though I knew naturism was common. 

I climbed onto Lucian's back. His white fur was clean and soft like fur normally is. Denzel was a tawny wolf and he was as tall as Lucian. I held onto Lucian as they both took off running through the forest. When we reached where the car had been parked, I climbed off and Lucian nodded for me to go ahead. I had just reached the car when they fell into steps behind me. 

"I'll play tour guide today." Denzel slipped into the driver's seat.

"You can have the front, Amelia. It's your first time seeing this part of England." Lucian opened the passenger's door. I got in happily. Once we were all situated, we were off.