Chapter Nineteen

I walked right up to Alaric. He still had a hold on Amelia. It irked me that he thought he was so privileged just because he was the alpha's son. Spoiled brats, liked him, deserved whatever they asked for. Right now, he was asking for my hand.

"You're not deaf, Alaric." I glanced at his hand, which was still wrapped around Amelia's upper arm. 

Alaric chuckled and looked at Amelia as if he couldn't believe the request I set before him. I already saw his next move coming. He released her arm, only to threw a punch aimed at my face. Unfortunately, his fist didn't make the right connection. Instead, I blocked his fist with the back of my fist. My eyes never left his face. 

"Your punch had no force behind it. You're still fighting in the little league, huh?" Shoving his fist away, I stepped forward. At the same time, I delivered a punch to his gut. 

He fell to his knees, clenching his stomach. He heaved and gasped a moment before spilling the contents of stomach onto the sidewalk. Amelia had swiftly moved back. I turned around just in time to see the other four advancing on me. 

They looked like they had been in a few fights, but nothing that was too intense. I was quite sure of that. Meeting them halfway, I easily dodged the first punch thrown my way by moving my head to the side. Then I threw one. A fake hit in order to kick the second werewolf that came at me. The third had grabbed me from the back, trapping my arms. As the fourth and first advanced on me, I used my legs to push the two back.

 Breaking free from the third, I spinned on my feet and punched him in the face. Spinning back around, I quickly approached the other two. Grabbing them by the heads, I slammed them against each other. Watching them fall to the ground, I looked around me in case anyone else decided to take a swing at me. When I saw no one was making a move, I relaxed. 

These boys were going to cause trouble for me. I knew their kind. Getting back at me in sly ways, so they could show they had the upper hand. I'll just have to deal with whatever happens when the time comes. 

Walking over to Alaric on his right side, I lowered myself down to his level. He was trying to catch his breath still. "Next time you think about forcing Amelia to go with you, I want you to remember this moment. Because next time, I'm going to hit you harder. And you're not going to like it." 

He groaned again, and I rose to my full height. Turning to Amelia, I looked at her arm. "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No, I'm ok." There was an astonished look face as she looked at her fallen classmates. 

They weren't dead or badly hurt, but they would be feeling sore tomorrow morning even if their blows had healed by then. 

"Good." I looked back at the boys. 

"Can you take me home?" Amelia's question had me looking back at her.

I studied her for a moment. She might look ok, but she might have been frightened. I'd be a terrible person if I did leave her like this. Despite it being daylight still, I didn't think it was a good idea that she should walk home by herself either. Anything was possible.

"Sure. Come on," I said and led her in the direction of my car. 

Once we reached it, we got inside and I headed in the direction of her house. When we arrived, I waited until she got out. I already knew I would be in for it once that brat got back to his father, but there was no way I was going to sit around and let him bully Amelia into doing what he wanted. 

"Um," she said quietly.

"Yeah?" 

"Do you mind -- I mean, can you come in and help me tell my mom about, well, everything? I tried several times, but…" she trailed off.