Chapter 8: The first lesson

That morning I woke up with a huge smile on my face, anticipation and excitement running through my veins.

Dad was talking about some Legal issues he was facing related to the business in the market but I decided to not bother listening. I checked our previous night's chats while Eric drove us to school.

It said online.

He was online that early in the morning, probably talking to someone. The possibility made me jealous but I shook off the thought of him having a girlfriend before it crept any deeper into my brain.

I hung around in the hallway a little more than I usually do to wait and catch a glimpse of him but he wasn't anywhere in sight. Maybe, he was already in his class. We didn't have a class together until 3rd period. I sighed at the thought but kept myself excited for the time to come

"Not in the hallway!" Bella whispered to Eric when he kissed her on the neck from behind making her moan.

"Why not? Everyone should know you're mine. Besides," He smirked and it disgusted me to watch my brother act like a romantic "-you love it."

He clearly looked more like a jerk whenever he tried acting Romeo. It's just that, Bella was clearly blinded to see beyond her love for him.

But isn't that the whole point of love? Looking beyond everything.

Although I still pitied her, because her face clearly said she loved it. Even when she tried so hard to lie. She was just not very comfortable with PDA, unlike Jack and Hannah, who looked like they were determined to teach people how to make out in any situation, better than Johnny Sins, and this may sound like goals and hot to you, but being in my place watching them increasing the heat of this already hot hallway was if anything, gross.

I escaped the lust ridden hallway as soon as I could, protecting my pure soul.

During 3rd period, I ditched Jacob and went to sit at the chair next to the one Daniel sat in the previous day, but when he came in late, he was made to sit on the chair next to Jacob. Which was sad except for the fact that he looked at me first thing when he entered the class.

This thought kept me excited throughout the lesson. Maybe he was just looking at the chair he sat in, the day before, but I was optimistic to my best.

"Are you planning to return my book or not?" I said resting my back on the locker next to his, while he exchanged some stuff in his bag with some in the locker after the class ended.

He looked at me and his eyes lit up, making it go even clearer. He didn't say anything like ′Heyy you!′ or ′Hi, Beautiful' he just kept quiet.

"Here. Thanks." He managed only after he handed me the book, his jaw tightly clenched like he was hardly forcing the words out. I was busy appreciating the beauty of his voice when he shut his locker and started walking away.

"By the way, where are you headed to?" I asked walking after him.

He furrowed his thick black brows and turned to look at me and I raised my eyebrows In response.

"To the library." He finally answered when he figured I wasn't accepting defeat.

"Oh. Studying?"

"Yeah. Need to catch up." He stopped at the library door.

"Right. Good luck with that." I said, nodding my stupid head trying to think of a way to stick around longer.

"Okay, see you later then. Happy studying." I stopped nodding my head when I realized I looked like a clown there and started walking backwards, away from the library.