Chapter 40: 28• A Peaceful Night At Kempdon

Bella's POV
(That night)

"Yes, just wait onnnneee minute." I sang on the phone as I stepped out of the bus. "Yes, now tell me. What were you saying?"

"This is the 17th time I'm repeating it, still." Easter's tone sounded rude which made me laugh. "What all did you do today Bella?" She cooed from the other side.

"Ah. You really wanna know?" I asked stretching my arms and legs that were almost numb now, after sitting in that bus seat for a straightforward forty minutes ride.

"Well no." She deadpanned and I laughed, which earned me a few awkward glares. "But I'm bored, so yeah. Humour me."

"Thanks, Ri," I whispered to Rihanna as she handed me my backpack. "Oh well," I said on the phone, pulling the strap of my backpack properly on my shoulder. "So today was fun-filled." I teased her.

"Mhmm?" She replied.

"We went hiking which was super awesome and then, we barbecued."

"Ahaa?"

"And then we had a romantic bonfire."

"Romantic, I see?"

"Yeah, very romantic."

"Yeah, I can totally imagine you sitting there missing me like hell." Her sarcasm made me laugh and as I heard her joining me, I lost control of my guts.

"Totally," I added to her, as I shook my head to Suxaine who was sending me questioning looks.

I inhaled deeply as the laughter died and waited for her to say something. But she stayed silent. I kept the phone clung tightly to my ear as I walked through the main gate of the little motel where we were all staying for the last four days.

The parking area was as littered as I'd found it the first night. Plastic cups, cigarettes, beer bottles and even drunk people, were scattered unevenly everywhere. It wasn't at all dirty when we first arrived, but I guess, this was basically what a huge bunch of teenagers do to a place.

When I entered the motel's common sitting area, several minutes had passed. The silence on the phone had started seeming awkward. I removed the phone from my ear to check if the call was still connected. It was.

"Uh- How- How's Wogsworth?" I asked to break the tension.

She scoffed before answering. "Just the same. Delicious organic food, soothing drinks and peaceful nature." She sang in the same bored voice she used every time I asked her this question.

Of course, I knew the answer by heart. But I still asked her the same thing every day. I didn't know what else to ask. I had many questions in my head, like why did she not join us for the trip? Or what exactly went wrong between her and Dan? But I knew it was better they only stay in my head.

"Why don't you come with us, Easter, I'll be so bored without you." I'd asked her once before the trip.

"Don't ask me this again, Bella. I can't deal with this right now. I'll tell you when the time is right." She'd told me and I didn't need telling twice.

The silence on the phone although, seemed empty, I knew what exactly she wanted to hear.

"By the way, Daniel's been a great tour guide for all of us. He knows this place very well." I informed casually.

"Yes of course. That's where he grew up. It's him home." She was trying hard to sound bored. But I knew how much she was dying to talk about him.

Her breaths were shouting how much she missed her and I could tell Daniel missed her twice as much by what I'd seen him like, in the last four days.