Chapter 26: The After Party

It wasn't my first time walking in Jack's enormous Villa, and when I say Villa, I mean Villa. It was simply standing on more land than our entire school, and Draketon High was grand if that helps in understanding this better. It did its magic on everyone and it was evident with the jaw-dropped teenagers walking in the place. I on the other hand was immune to this kind of luxury.

I casually walked in passing the vast ivory fountain on my way that sprayed refreshing droplets on the passersby, but I was far from refreshed. My top ended up just a few inches from where my shorts started allowing a few droplets to land around my belly button. I shivered but kept walking.

Almost every face in there was familiar to me but I didn't bother to smile at anyone as they didn't bother to hide their scowls either.

Eric was laughing frantically when I first spotted him in the centre of a human circle of girls and boys, definitely drunk already. Jack next to him was spraying champagne on him and everyone else adding to the mood.

"Hey, East. Come one." Eric called me out just when I was about to disappear to the backyard or the pool or anywhere else with a lesser population.

"Hey- Hi!" I replied with a brief smile, walking towards them.

"Catch this." I heard Jacob's excited voice and before I could understand what I had to catch exactly, a plastic cup was already advancing at me. I caught it after bouncing it a few times.

"Woooo!" He exclaimed. Everyone laughed and I joined in while Jack poured me something from a jug.

"No alcohol please," I whispered placing the glass on the tabletop.

"Hey, it's just plain fruit punch. No alcohol."

"You sure?"

"Yo sis, come on, bottoms up!" Eric clinked his cup with mine and we both drained our glasses making the people around cheer louder than they already were.

My mood had lightened up a lot since I'd entered the place. Jacob was now standing next to me, his hand was around my waist which I didn't appreciate but it was fine, I barely cared. We'd always been like that since our parents always wanted us to end up together. And also because it meant nothing. It was only a matter of time till he found another girl ready to jump in his pants and he would forget my waist, to my relief.

Taking another sip of the tangy fruit punch, I tried to concentrate on what Jack was saying that was making everyone laugh like crazy.

"And just imag-" he laughed before his joke even started and almost all the people joined along including me.

"Wait, wait, so-" he took in a deep breath while we all waited. "Imagine he's standing in a room and someone tu-" he again broke into hysterical laughter and his face was only turning a darker shade of red by the minute.

We couldn't control our laughter either and while gasping for air I wondered what it was that I was finding so funny about a guy standing in a room.

"Yeah, so imagine he's standing in a room and someone turns the lights o-" he crashed into the table behind him this time, tripping a few glasses over.

"Off?" Someone helped him out after we managed to control ourselves so the joke can be completed.

"Off!" Jack exclaimed clutching his stomach. "And someone turns the lights off, he'll go half invisible because-" another fit of laughter attacked the group. A guy going half invisible was very funny, apparently.

"He'll go half invisible because- half of his body is covered in black tattoo eenkhhh." Jack could hardly complete the sentence before he fell on the floor laughing, more like crying and the entire group started roaring in laughter, including me.