Chapter 54: The Awaited Prom

Prom.

The most awaited night for any high schooler and the most awaited night for me.

Not because I plan to win the Prom Princess or something, neither because I'm desperate to wear the attire I've picked for the night, and not even because I've been practising a dance routine with my date.

No.

But because today is when it'll all end.

Probably.

Anyways, prom being a highschool rite, I have to wear an attire and dance with my date to not come out as a high school rebel.

Wearing a deep red off-shoulder gown going all the way down to my ankles, with a dark black velvet belt a few inches below my chest line wrapping around, tied beautifully in a bow at the back, I stand in front of the mirror. My makeup stands out a little different than my usual touch up and my dark heavy red lips making my skin pop out more than usual.

Closing my eyes I take one deep breath of determination before I take off for the evening.

With my arm hooked into Robert's elbow, I walk towards the entrance of the school gym. A nervous feeling itching at the end of my throat, as I walk closer to the threshold, making me feel like advancing towards a battlefield where I have to fight the biggest fight of my life and win.

The moment I walk through the door, music floods straight into my ears making a remarkable sensation travels down my frame. All of a sudden, my eyes close themselves, and my hands reach to work as a shield, as a blinding flash of light attacks them.

"Woah woah. Give us a minute, let us pose." Robert exclaims at the guy with the camera.

"No way. It's the age of candids baby." The camera boy replies with a wink and shares a high five with Robert.

I smile at him too, before leaving him back to his duty. Walking in the dark room with all the colourful lights flashing from all the sides, decorated with balloons, the ambience starts growing on me. My heartbeats soon start working with the music beats.

The gym doesn't look like the gym at all. It clearly looks like a party spot, no sign of sports left anywhere in the vicinity. Girls are all wearing beautiful dresses in various different fabrics, making the entire evening look like a fashion gathering. Some look so beautiful that I'm forced to stop and check what the glow is about.

And the boys in tuxedos, mostly black, some white and some even in peculiar stand-out colours like red or green. Bows and ties standing stiff on their collars giving them a look so decent that can make it impossible for anyone to believe these are the same guys that break benches in free periods and throw curses on teachers.

The entire sight is filled with smiles and giggles. The music isn't too loud at the moment, making it easy for people to talk.

"Wow." I exclaim with a sigh.

"I know right." Robert's voice comes from my right.

I look up at him to find him staring at me with dreamy eyes instead of the place. I frown at him and slap his chest, rolling my eyes. He chuckles refreshingly making me lose a lot of my nervousness.

Tugging tighter on his arm, pulling him closer, I run my eyes around the place looking for a certain set of faces.

There.

"Come on. Time to put the plan in action." I say to Robert, looking straight at the trio of Jack, Hannah and Jacob. Clicking selfies apparently.

We walk up closer to them. Jack is wearing a grey suit. Expensive and elite. Hannah next to him is wearing a strapless dress in a darker shade of the same grey, wired patterns lining her chest. Her hair is pulled up in a complexly designed bun. Both of them together, looking nothing less than beauty pageant contestants if not the winners.