Chapter 15: Getting to know Dan

(Flashback Contd...)

I'd already arranged for my alibi very smartly so nobody could find out about my little plan of sneaking out to watch the hot bartender who then, stood right in front of me. Both of us were just separated by a counter and still, he didn't seem to notice me even the slightest.

I sat there, resting my circular face on my palm as I watched him pour drinks to the seductive girls, who left no chance to bend as far as possible and reveal maximum cleavage to him. Although it didn't bother me, as he hardly gave any of them a look, I was only worried about their fake boobs that were about to pop out of their tops any moment now.

"Hi," I said softly when he had no customers left to serve.

He rolled his eyes as soon as they spotted me.

"I said 'Hi'!" I exclaimed louder when he was just about to leave me without a word.

"Yes, I heard that. What would you like to have?" He asked like a stranger.

You, I wanted to say. But considering what happened last night, I had to postpone.

"A little talk." He didn't look up at me, but his muscles stiffened under his skin making his tattoos stretch as if my words caught him off guard. I liked the reaction and smiled. "And a tequila shot," I added to lighten the mood.

"I hardly have anything to talk to you about." He slid the shot towards me.

"Mhmm." I placed the empty shot glass on the countertop. "So you joined football?"

His eyes finally met mine sending a shock bolt through me and I felt all the confidence I'd been gathering all this while, come crashing down to dirt as the raw memories of yesternight's kiss flashed through my head.

"You're stalking me or something?"

I chuckled at his reply, it was way lighter than I'd expected it to be.

"I thought we already established that!" He shook his head, as a smirk formed on his face, clearly saying he expected me to say no, and I would have said no, had this been anyone else, but with him loosening up with me like this, I felt no need to pretend.

"I hope you're not under an impression that I joined the team because you mentioned it." He jerked his eyes towards me with a cold blank look.

"Yes, I had a feeling. But now that you've mentioned it, I know I'm not under a wrong impression at all." I curled my lips in a pout and he scoffed yet again.

The next moment, a bunch of drunk girls stole him from me. As they started hitting shots one after another, I only felt like throwing up watching them.

"You're alone?" He asked in a deep voice when the girls excused him, while I observed his inked hands working on the countertop. His dark tattooed skin still did not fail to outshine anything else around it.

Yes, I was over-obsessed with his tattoos.

"Yep. My family thinks I'm at Bella's, studying." I giggled as I whispered my little secret in his ears.

"So your family doesn't approve of your going clubbing?"

"Of course, they do. They hardly care. It's you actually. My brother doesn't approve of me seeing you." I admitted though I didn't mean to do it so soon. The tequila's doing mostly.

He stared at me into my eyes intensely and I feared whatever he was going to say next, but then, like it was nothing, he scoffed with a smirk.

"That's definitely not a first."