Chapter 37: Where Are You?

His words hit me across my chest like an unannounced arrow.

'Are you having visions?' I repeat it in my head to check if I heard him right. But the fact that I did, makes me feel cheated.

It's funny why I feel so, considering everything that has been happening. Perhaps, I was still not ready for Eric's this side, although I should have been. Somewhere in my heart, I was still expecting him to believe me, or at least, try to believe me.

"Am I having what?" I spit each word in sheer disgust as he continues staring at me with a sharp examining look.

He scoffs at my question like it's nothing and looks away, making my skin go crazier with the boiling blood underneath.

"Are you trying to suggest that I'm imagining things?" I yell at him with a feeble effort of not letting my frustration have the best of me.

"Just-." He speaks casually but I don't let him complete.

"That I'm having hallucinations?" My voice grows louder and sharper.

"Easter seriously just-"

"That I'm going mad?" My voice explodes at a devastatingly loud volume and I still feel not even a tad bit satisfied. I feel like I haven't released even a fraction of the furious volcano ready to erupt inside of me.

"Just chuck it okay?" Eric growls like a mad wolf.

I would've been scared and silenced by his reaction had this been any other situation. But the crazy amount of adrenaline in me keeps me standing firm and straight on my feet.

"You're telling me I'm crazy, insane and you want me to chuck it? Chuck it? Seriously Eric?" I kick hard on my self decorated book shelf's base, and everything comes off on the floor in a matter of blinks.

"Look at yourself. Listen to yourself East. You sound insane. There's no telling or suggesting it."

I clap my hands on my head at his words.

"I'm telling you, my boyfriend, is alive and he's sent me voice messages, what part of it sounds insane to you?" I squeal like a hurt dog.

"Right let us talk about that," His tone suddenly turns civilised as if we were not having one of the worst moments of our lives right now. I only frown deeper as I catch up on the sarcasm in his voice and the slyness in his eyes as he takes slow steps towards me.

"What about the part that your boyfriend who you think has been sending you those messages," he stops exactly in front of me. "-IS FUCKING DEAD"!

"HE'S NOT DEAD!" I holler in response but clearly fail to have any effect on him.

"Who's not dead?" A voice dripping with confusion and concern reaches my ear and I flick my eyes to find mom standing in my room's doorway.

"Mom-" I start.

"Christ!" She slaps her hands on her mouth after looking at the state of my room. "What is this?" She looks up at me and Eric.

"This is your daughter's craziness," Eric states in an edged voice.

"What are you talking about?" Her voice sounds hurt and I can't help but feel bad about it.

"I'm talking about the fact, that she believes that her-"

"Eric." I try to make him stop, but he ignores me completely.

"-dead boyfriend is alive, and is actually sending her, voice messages."

"Eric!"

"Most of which are basically asking her to go find him."

"WHAT?" Mom exclaims in horror. Even after expecting a bad reaction from her, I am moved. Perhaps, I wasn't expecting that bad. "Easter you-"