Chapter 11: The Daily Routine

I rush to my room as soon as I reach home. With my phone in one hand, I take my diary out of my bedside drawer. Without wasting a single second I quickly scribble down the words.

Throughout my entire day at school and the ride home, I've been repeating his words from the voice message. I cannot afford to lose a single word of it, not even that little scoff that he probably didn't even realise while sending.

I need to have it all preserved, so I can show him my collection when he comes back. However, even if I hadn't been repeating it all this time, I doubt that I would've forgotten any part of it. It's just impossible. Even if I try to forget it, I know, I won't be able to.

At this point, I think, I can forget myself, but not a single thing about him.

Taking in a deep breath, I re-read what I've jotted down on the paper.

Heyyyy Easter Eggs.
You really thought I'll leave you alone huh?
*scoffs*
No eggs, How can I?
You never left me alone, remember?
Until now.

...You never left me alone, remember?

He's right. I never left him alone. Never. I tried to be with him for every possible moment. Even when he found it irritating, even when he found me annoying, even when he only ever tried to push me away as much as I tried to get closer to him.

No matter what, I never left him alone. I let him hate me for it, it was still fine with me because he was my light. He made my world brighter and happier. Even his anger was a source of glee for me. At least he was with me then.

At least, I had him, unlike now.

As I stare down at his message now scribbled on the pale white paper, I start hearing it in my ears once again. I'm not reading it anymore, I'm not even repeating it. It's just repeating itself in my head, in his voice. '-You never left me alone remember?′ these words sounding louder than any other.

My lungs suddenly find it difficult to breathe in the air around me. The truth of the present begins to suffocate me. My mind starts finding it easier to tread in the beautiful past than suffering in the painful present and closing my eyes, I follow suit.

Standing in the chaotic crowded hallway of Drakeshire High, I continued pretending to search for something in my locker, when my eyes were not in the locker at all. They were peeking sideways at a locked locker, four lockers away from mine. Waiting just as eagerly for its owner as me.

"Hi!" I practically popped up in front of him as soon as he appeared against his locker. He didn't look pleased.

But even in his not-so-pleased look, he was more than watchable. He was edible. He looked just perfect. Everything about him was perfect.

The penetrating grey eyes that looked as if made straight out of the smoke of hellfire could easily get you compelled if looked into them for too long, the pointed nose capable of making a person feel weak in their bones. The dark tattoo ink, only complemented his translucent skin and his greyish dark hair, all messed up and dishevelled in just the right manner, not a single bang at the wrong angle, only gave him that last touch that either made him a heavenly angel, or a merciless devil. One who could make you go running down into the deepest holes of hell on your knees.

"Hello!" He replied cockily, in an accent, turning around with his bag on his shoulder and walking off. I wasted no time and followed him.

"Where to? Library?"

"No"

"Then?"

He stopped in his steps and turned to face me. "Why do you ask?" He demanded, his transparent grey eyes penetrating mine.