Chapter 48: The Right Thing To Do

I walked straight towards Jack who literally looked more bored than disturbed by the fact that I actually heard him planning my boyfriend's kidnap and assault, if not murder.

"Easter..." I heard Eric's uneasy voice as he walked in front of me.

"What's all this Eric?" I asked in a weak voice.

"Easter please listen-"

"You promised me, Eric-"

"No Easter wait-"

"-you promised me no dirty business. How can you-"

"Please understand East-"

"Understand?" I frowned hard in incredulity. "You're gonna kill him!"

"Wait Easter-" Jack made way to me and pushed Eric aside. "Calm down okay? Nobody is killing anybody." He said extending his hands towards my arms to calm me down like it was all a simple game to him.

But it was, wasn't it. This was all a game. First extending a hand of friendship and then using the same hand to strangle an innocent person to death.

"Shut up Jack!" I slapped his hand out of my way. "How dare you corrupt my brother like that?"

"East please, first hear us out," Eric said just when I thought he wouldn't say another word in the support of Jack's satanic plan.

"Listen what out Eric? Why can't you just let him be? Why can't you just let us be?" My voice came out broken and the anger started sounding like pain.

"Because he's a fucking threat. To us, to our company. To your company." Jack exclaimed pointing a finger at me.

"No Jack, he's not. I've talked to him. He won't do anything if you don't instigate him."

"Oh, Easter-" Jack chuckled humourlessly. "That right there sounds like a fucking threat. That's the whole problem, he thinks he can do it. He thinks he can throw threats at us and we'll take 'em."

"No." I shook my head in utter disagreement. "He's not a threat to you. You are a threat to him!" I hollered at him but he didn't even wince.

"Your shouting isn't gonna help Easter. This is happening. The guy needs to be reminded of his place. Which precisely, is out of our lives." He seethed in a dirty manner and I gulped.

"You're not gonna touch him," I stated as I took a step towards him, trying my best to keep myself together.

"I'm gonna teach him a lesson, that's all," Jack replied in a cold voice.

"No. No Jack please." I begged but he turned away from me. I felt broken and helpless. I had no idea how I was supposed to save him. Considering the life I've lived with these people, I knew one thing for sure, that they do what they determine and if Jack had decided to hurt Daniel, I hardly thought he could be stopped.

"Eric, please tell him."

"Guys please, this is wrong. Hannah, please tell him no, this is not right. Please,-" My continuous baseless pleading was interrupted by Jack's four-word sentence.

"Actually, there's one way." He said in a calculating voice. Everyone in the study started sharing curios and alarming looks.

"You see-" He started in a cunning voice and more fear crept into my bones. "He is only involved with us because of you. Because you've made him into your boyfriend."

My ears waited dreadfully for him to completely spill whatever poison he was holding on the tip of his tongue as he started walking around me dramatically.

"So if we want him to keep his butt out of our business, we just have to keep you away from him." He suggested.

A shudder escaped my lips and when I gulped my throat was deserted. It wasn't very difficult to understand but I still couldn't get a grasp of it. He couldn't have been saying what I thought he was saying.