[1]

They looked taken aback for a quick moment.

As soon as their comrade hits the floor, they come charging at me and I must say, I commend their bravery. I go on and sink my canines into one of their necks until I hear him gurgling and choking on his own blood that's beginning to fill his throat. Another one comes attacking blindly allowing me to swipe at his chest down to his stomach which opened him up spilling himself onto the forest floor.

The two men stare me down and soon focus their passions on the injured man. The moment they turn around, I pounce onto one of their backs and begin to tear viciously at his skin until his screaming and howling ceases. It scares the last one left alive off which saved me the trouble of coating more of my mouth with the blood of weres.

The air is etched in blood, but I can still smell something sweet and tantalizing near by. As I walk closer to him, the smell only gets stronger and stronger.

He moves away from me like any sane person would. I sit on my hind legs and watch him eye me with some odd curiosity causing my head to tilt. Other than his looks there is nothing remotely special about him. If anything he looks human. I snuff and turn my back to him. Yet, I must speak with him.

I look around for the tree that I always come across during my runs and hunts alone. Soon as find the tree with the scratched up bark I find my spare clothes.

With another stretch I begin to change back into my human form. The crunching, expanding and contracting bones and muscles start to reform into the human body after a minute or so passes. Within a couple seconds I put on my jeans not worrying with a shirt and reappear before him causing his eyes to widen subtly as much as he tried to hide it.

"Are you-"

"I look fine to you don't I? I'm clearly still breathing," he says cynically making my eyes narrow in response.

Ass. You wanted to jeopardize my life and morals for this kind of person. Just what are you thinking? I ask my wolf who decides to become abashedly quiet.

"A thank you would be appreciated," I airly breathe with lack of any better words to say to him.

"I'm guessing you want want a kiss to go with that too?" He smiles mischievously this time trying to hide the pain clearly written on his face.

As the moonlight reflects off of him I can see all the fine features of his face. His green eyes are even more gorgeous than I perceived them to be than before. Though some blood and dirt is caked on his face, I'm still able to make out a very fine jawline along with the curve of his pink, split lips. He is as tall as the burly men I disposed of earlier, however his build is more toned and muscular with hair an unforgettable blood red. This guy is... Beautiful. My eyes squint at the word I chose to use. The thought of him, another man, being beautiful to me is even stranger to me. Yet, the list goes on.

No one word could describe him. I clearly don't understand why I am saying these things about another man. I growl at him as he takes a step forward towards me causing my wolf to become instinctively furious with me. He keeps walking towards me regardless and I can tell that, that sweet tantalizing smell from earlier did not just come from his blood but his scent itself.

Blood is dripping down his arm profusely making me come out of my nonsensical thoughts. I can't help the worrying emotion that overcomes me. Without a second notice, I cover the space left between us and try to address his injury and see just how bad it is.

"Hey are you really..." I reach out my hand to him until he smacks it away.

"Don't touch me," he seethes baring his fangs in the process. That charming aura he had in the beginning faded away just as quickly as the men's lives.